Mr and Mrs

Rochester, New York 

Approx. 10:15 pm 

Mister and Misses Evaline found their 13 year old daughter dead in the basement. She had been violently hit on the head with a candelabra which was found close to her body. There was no DNA evidence of the possible killer, and there were no signs of any forced entry. Therefore, the sole suspects were Mister and Misses Evaline themselves. They both were determined to prove the other guilty and searched for smallest hints, the smallest give aways; whether it was the flutter of an eye or a nervous twitch. 

They were interrogated together in a small, airless room. The wife could not hold it together anymore, and burst into tears as the reality of their daughter's death hit her. The husband held her hand in order to comfort her, holding it tight enough for her to feel the beat, forgetting that it might be the hand that had brutally hit their daughter with a candelabra. They answered a few questions through sobs and hiccups. 

After a couple questions, the wife jumped to her knees, pointed her finger at her husband and yelled, "You murderer! How dare you kill our precious daughter! I can't believe it!" 

What gave Mister Evaline away? 

Creds to shinjinhyo