"Ugh..." I lift my head up to rub it, only to realize I've fallen right in front of a window displaying one of the tall, bright, golden hallways. I quickly shift behind the wall when footsteps become prominent and wait for the guards to pass.

Once they're gone I run to the edge of the balcony and throw one leg over at a time before leaping into the dark garden. I land in a bush, the cushiony grass protects my raw feet and contains the sound of my weight.

Nothing but silence and nightly crickets fill the air. The greenery is mostly empty with just a few guards by the door...

I look to the gate at the end of my sight...

Then I run.

My feet speed faster than my brain can process. I have no choice but to endure the bitter cold breeze biting away at my skin, my breath grows louder the closer I get to the gate.

"Hey you! STOP!"

Oh no.

Fuck!

My pace picks when I hear a pair of concrete footsteps in the distance behind me... One pair turns into two, two pairs turn into four. Masculine voices shoot the back of my head like darts, but their orders are easily drowned out by the intense thumping of my heart.

"She's escaping! Don't let her get out!"

I... can't go on... But I have to...

No matter how tired I get, no matter how much my legs want to give out right now, I have to keep running.

"Don't escape, don't even try."

My teeth grit and arms thrust forcefully, not even sparing time to breathe while I sprint. Stones and gravel stab into my heels with the newfound spike of energy, a burning cushion expanding in my chest and lungs that feel like they're going to collapse. My champagne robe loses hold of my arms and falls back with the wind, leaving me in a beige silk jumpsuit.

The gates are getting closer... Just a little further...

As soon as I get close to the metal bars my arm gets yanked back and body crashes to the rocky ground. A ring of six suited men hover over me. One of them shakes his head and massages his knuckles. "You shouldn't have done that little girl."

I use my elbows to support my weight but one of the men kick me in the stomach, making me fall onto my back and scream in pain.

I'm kicked again in my side. "Stop!" I beg with tightly creased eyes. Through the small slit of my vision I catch two of the men exchange a nod before a shoe bottom takes over my sight and I'm blacked out.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌙

My lids slowly part and blink rapidly. I'm moving forward... but I'm not walking.

When I look around I see a guard at each of my sides dragging me along the floor by the arms. The throbbing pain in my stomach doesn't cease, reminding me of the beatings I took. The room is square and dim like a box, the only other people in here are more guards and a man in the center whose silhouette I can't quite make out.

The men dragging me halt until one of them kicks me in the back of my knees, making me fall to my knees while they still hold back my arms back.

"...What's going on?"

The man standing in the middle of the room walks closer, the light bulb's cast driving up his body and revealing it to be none other than Jaebum. His white shirt remains unbuttoned at the collar and sleeves are rolled up to expose his forearms, his skin extremely tanned and glowy.