|63| exposed

Legend says if you hit that star in the lower left corner, a leprechaun will grant you $13800586064710 🤗💵🌈

I continue to bawl in the changing room, my forehead nested in my palms and fingers parting my roots. I hear the door open behind me,

"What happened? Gretchen just went home cryi—" Winters voice stops abruptly when I reveal my tear streaked face.

Her expressions soften before shuts the door and sits down beside me. She wraps an arm around my shoulder, pulling me into her chest and smoothing my back. At first her muscles are tense, like she's not used to doing this, but in time she relax and her embrace becomes comforting.

"She hates me..." I cough up, "I knew she'd hate me..."

"She doesn't. Give her some time to cool off."

I get startled when my phone vibrates in my back pocket. Swallowing a ball of air and holding my breath, I pull away to fish it out.

My vision is so blurred by tears that I can barely make out the caller ID. Rubbing an arm across my eyes pretty much replicates a windshield wiper caught in a blizzard, but I manage to clear my vision enough to make out the name.

"It's Tye." I look up at Winter. She nudges her head, signaling me to answer. I clear my throat and sniff,

"Hey. What's up?" I disguise the nasally-ness in my voice.

"Hey babe. Just calling to check up on you. How you' feeling?"

"Huh? I'm fine w-w-why would you ask that?"

"Well the last time I saw you was the dinner, and you weren't in the best of spirits then. I hope you're not still down about Trisha—"

"It's not that— I-I mean it's not anything. I'm okay. I have work now, gotta go."

"Yeah me too. I'll call you back later then, love you."

My face remains blank, phone becoming frozen to my ear as I clutch my grip and gulp.

"I... That's sweet, speak to you later." I instantly hang up. As soon as I do, more tears escape my eyes. Winter lowers her head to meet my eyes with a confused look.

"Look at me... I can't even say I love you to my own boyfriend!"

"Lilo... Are you even still in love with Tye?"

Those words trigger a switch in me to release more tears. I shake my head with tight lips,

"No."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ☁️
—TYE'S POV—

I look down at the ended call with furrowed eyebrows. That was strange... She didn't say it back?

I had held off saying those words for so long, because I wasn't sure when she'd feel comfortable hearing them after discovering my past with Trisha. I wanted to wait until I could say it with no bad history attached. I thought now was that time.

Maybe she's still not ready... I'll discuss this with her when I call back later.

I tuck the phone into my coat pocket and continue down the sidewalk until I get tapped on the shoulder from behind. I immediately unplug my earbuds and turn around to see a girl with her hands behind her back.

She has dark hair and a slim figure, her smile stays nice and wide. She's quite attractive.

"Hi. You're Tye right?"

I look around the empty street in confusion for a moment, "Yeah... You are?"

"A friend of Lilo's. Mulan." She holds out her hand, to which I shake. "So, you're really Lilo's boyfriend?"