|38| break up

Remember to vote as you read the story! <3
❄️❄️❄️

Remember to vote as you read the story! <3❄️❄️❄️

❄️❄️❄️

Later that evening the doorbell rings. I told Tye he could come over tonight like he asked, so it's probably him. Although my mind is still fogged by what happened between Taehyung and I earlier. I'm not sure if I've completely gotten the whole Trisha thing either...

I go downstairs to answer the door, "Hey babe." Tye greets me and pecks my cheek. It's so amazing how he can act like nothing happened. Like he never made me cry.

"Hey." I reply.

"Are your parents home?"

"Not for now." I shake my head, sitting on the couch in the living room. He follows next to me.

"What's wrong , hm?" He tilts his head to get a better look at me. I snap up to his eyes and shake my head again. "Nothing... Just tired."

He chuckles and begins to ride his hand up my thigh. "I've missed you so much." He takes my face and smashes his lips against mine so abruptly.

As his lips caress mine hungrily I keep thinking about him and Trisha. I'm supposed to feel special when he shows affection to me, but instead, all that runs through my mind is him doing these exact same things to her. The way he's feeling my cheek right now is how he did to Trisha, the way he's kissing my lip right now is how he did to Trisha.

His right-hand cups my neck but that's when Trisha's face springs all over my mind.

Immediately I push Tye's chest away and stand up. He looks at me in confusion. "Tye I'm sorry... but I still can't get over it."

He lets out a sigh and rubs his temple. "Lilo I told you—"

"I know it's in the past, but that doesn't mean I can just sweep it under the rug so soon. I don't want to think of myself as just the next Trisha when we kiss... I... I think we should take a break."

Tye's eyes flash open in shock, "You want to break up over something that happened two years ago?"

"I just can't get over it that quickly. It's still too fresh in my mind, I need some time to clear my head. If you really care about me then please understand."

I can tell he's both heartbroken and frustrated. He sighs stressfully before his expression softens.

"Okay. I'll give you time. But don't forget that I'll be waiting whenever you're ready. I care about you Lilo, I've always got you."

My heart breaks a little hearing this, I feel so guilty now. Tye stands up and places a hand on my shoulder, kissing me on the forehead once more before smiling and leaving my house. I stare at the door until I can hear his car driving away, then throw my neck back to contain the water in my eyes.