Chapter 4

SASHA ON THE SIDE>>>>

Chapter Four:

Don't Fall For Me

"What in the world were you thinking?" Sasha asked as soon as I sat at their table.

"Sssh" I turn and look around. "The whole cafeteria heard you."

She whispered this time. "Sorry, but why did you go sit with him?"

I shrugged. "I don't know I wanted to talk to him I guess."

"Why?" Daniella asked while taking a bite out of her apple.

"I don't know, he was sitting alone so I thought I'll go and talk to him, no big deal"

"Well he keeps looking this way" Malena said, looking past my shoulders to the direction where his sitting.

"Whatever, let's talk about something else" i suggest. Everyone in the cafeteria is already eyeing him out like his some weird outsider. He's just a regular kid like myself, why do people have to give others such a hard time.

--------------

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait for you?" Sasha asked as we were standing in the school car park. I had to go speak to Mr Fark's about an assignment he gave us last week and I didn't want Sasha or the girls to wait for me so I said I'll walk home. My house isn't far from the school so I didn't mind.

As I began walking back into school I saw students and teachers already making their way out of the building. I better hurry, I thought to myself.

As soon I'm around the corner from Mr Fark's office, I collided with someone's very hard chest.

I stumbled backwards to the floor, sending all my stuff to fly out of my bag. Great! Just what I need right now.

I looked up to see I had bumped into Brayden. He looked back down at me, then knelt down to help me.

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to bump into you" I began apologising.

He chuckled lightly. "It's ok, at least I'm not the one who fell on her butt."

I blushed like a fool as he continued to help me put my things back in my bag.

After he helped he offered his hand for me to stand up. I connected my hand with his, and he swiftly lifted me off the ground as if I'm light as a feather.

"Thanks"

He smiled before letting go of my arm. "Your welcome."

He walked passed me while I just stood there watching him walk away. I suddenly realised I'm in school and I had to speak to Mr Fark's. I quickly rounded the corner and stood in front of his door knocking lightly.

I waited for a few minutes but no one answered. He must've gone home already. Great!

I walked through the now empty hallways, making my way towards the carpark.

"Need a lift?" A voice came from behind me. I spun around and saw Brayden leaning against what I assumed was his car. It was a 09 looking merc. Nice.

"Umm no it's ok, I was going to walk" I object, while he gives me a bored expression.

He opens the door of his car gesturing for me to come in. I know your not supposed to except rides from strangers, especially ones who are wanted often by police. So I don't know what made me get in his car but I did.

"So where do you live?" He asked as he pulled out of the school parking lot.

I hesitated before answering. "Um I'm not going straight home I uh have work at the diner."