Chapter One

GRETCHEN ON THE SIDE>>>>>

Chapter One

Don't Fall For Me

"Thanks for letting me stay over tonight" I say to my best friend as we step out of her car.

"You don't need to thank me Gretch" She says rolling her eyes dramatically. "Your always welcome at my house."

I shivered once we were outside her front door. Seriously the whether is horrible here in Springs Bay, it's always raining, hailing, storming, it's awful and not too mention it depresses the shit out of me.

We just got back from another long depressing day at school. I haven't been focusing in school much lately. My best friend tells me that I'm going to go insane if I keep thinking about the past.

What's happened in the past might you ask? Well I'll take you back to two years ago when it all happened.

(flashback)

"No! No no no no!! Somebody help!! Help me please he's going to die HELPPPP!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as I turned to face him.

The car was upside down. I couldn't breath. I felt like the airway in my lungs were tightening by the second, not because of the accident but because of the sight I saw.

Blood trickled down from his forehead, his chest had a large metal pole through it.

"Caleb please stay with me!" I shouted shaking him as his eyes slowly closed. His breathe was slowing down. No please god don't let him die! Please, I began chanting in my head.

I could hear people on the phone calling for the paramedics. God I hope they get here in time, I can't lose him! I can't lose him!

"I-I love you Gretchen" Were the last words I heard from him before he died. And then the darkness swallowed me, and until now I'm living in it.

(End of flashback)

"He was the love of my life, I didn't deserve to live, why was he the one that had to die?" I didn't realise that tears were free falling from my eyes, and my voice slightly quivering as I thought of that horrendous day.

This happens every day, I got into a flashback which ends up with me crying and shaking, it's quite embarrassing but I can't help it. Plus Sasha is my best friend and she knows what's happened in my life.

My parents are both in Hawaii on a business trip, which I think was just an excuse to get out of here, and truly I can't blame them. I wouldn't want to stay in Springs Bay, it's just filled with sad memories.

"Gretchen, calm down. Let's go inside and I'll make us some hot chocolate ok?" She said, her tone filled with sincerity. I love Sasha, we've been best friends since we were in diapers. Were both 17 now, and we attend the same school.

After we got inside, she scurried to the kitchen and made us some hot chocolate. She brought the two mugs outside to the living, placing them on the coffee table.

She sat beside me and leaned me closer to her. She's always by my side when I need her, and I literally mean right by my side. She's the best, best friend anyone can ask for.

"Gretch, remember your promise?" She started "This year is going to be different, were seniors now, were graduating" She said trying to sound excited.

I smiled and laughed at her enthusiasm "I know, I'm sorry. I wish these flash backs would just go away" I sigh heavily as I wish that would happen.

"Soon baby, I promise"