Chapter 3

Brayden on the side>>>>>>

Chapter Three:

Don't Fall For Me

On the way back to my house I couldn't help but think about Brayden. I wonder what he's done to get taken by the police. I remember at the diner the officers knew Brayden as if he had some sort of history with getting in trouble by police.

I was interrupted from my train of thoughts when Malena stated that we arrived at my house. The girls and I were having a sleepover tonight at my house. It feels so good when the girls stay over because usually I'm all alone, and it sucks.

Malena dropped all her shopping bags on the floor then fell onto the couch. "What a day. Who knew shopping could be so tiring?"

I laughed "You looked parched, let me get you some water."

"Us too" Sasha and Daniella said simultaneously.

I grabbed four bottles of water from the kitchen and gave each one a bottle.

"I can't believe what we saw earlier, I hate seeing criminals" Malena shuttered as if thinking about the images she saw earlier.

"I wonder what he done?" Daniella pondered while twisting a strand of her hair with her fingers.

I didn't really want to think about it. I think he's just a trouble guy who has dealt with a lot in his life. I mean no one just does things without a reason. But I decided not to share my thoughts with the others, after all they still don't know about what happened at the diner. I don't need them to worry about me, that's the last thing I want from anyone.

"I'm starving, wanna order pizza?" I asked the girls in order to change the topic. Call me weird but it just felt uncomfortable talking about this guy who we don't know nothing about.

"Yes" They all answered simultaneously. I went to grab my phone off the kitchen bar where I left it and called 'The Pizza Bar' which is an insanely delicious pizza shop that's just like five minutes away for my place, lucky me.

I know the girls orders by heart so I gave the lady our order and she said it'll take around half an hour.

I hanged up and set my phone on the bar and looked out the window. I saw two teenage looking couples. The guy had the girl held up and spinning her round while she was laughing and enjoying the breeze in her hair. I closed my eyes and let the force of the memory take over.

(Flashback)

"Gretchen wait" Caleb panted trying to keep up with me as we were running in the meadows. We were visiting his grandparents two summers ago and they lived in a farm which was so beautiful.

"No you have to catch me" I giggled and kept running away from him.

"You know I will catch you, and when I do I'm gonna tickle you"

"Keep dreaming" I laughed and kept running. Suddenly two arms wrapped around my waist holding me up and spinning me around.

"Caleb stop" I laughed uncontrollably as he tickled me all over.

"Say you love me"

"N-nooo" I screamed making him laugh.

"C'mon say it" he kept tickling me and I couldn't breath.

"Fine just stop..stop" I said between breaths. I was on the grass now with him on top of me, we were both panting and looking into each other's eyes. "I love you."

His eyes sparkled as I said those words, he brought his lips down to mine and slowly and very passionately, he kissed me.

Once he pulled away he rested his forehead onto mine and breathed "I love you more than life itself."