Help me, Brendon says but his mouth moves differently than what his head is telling him and something foreign spills from his lips, pathetic and shaken. Brendon clasps his hands over his mouth, eyes wide and- 

“Brendon, I swear to god if you’re dying I’m going to kill you!” 

Ryan’s yell is strong and threatening but it’s a bit squeaky with fear and Brendon whimpers quietly before darting out of his bunk and diving across the aisle into Jon’s. 

“Hmph!” Jon groans as Brendon lands on him, arms flailing. 

“What the fuck?” Jon yells, falling out of his bed as Brendon tries to wiggle his way between the slumbering bassist and the wall. He lands at Ryan’s feet and stares up at him through an angry cracked eye before he realizes the look of sheer terror on Ryan’s face and scrambles to his feet. “What the fuck?” he repeats, looking bewildered from his bunk where Brendon is cowering and Ryan who is shaking. He’s surrounded by pussies, he swears. 

“I don’t know,” Ryan breathes, throwing his hands towards Brendon’s shadow in the bunk. “I was in the kitchen making coffee and Brendon yells for me so I come running and I thought he was choking and he just flung himself into your bunk and-” 

“Wait, what?” Jon halts him. He raises an eyebrow before tearing the curtain open to see Brendon biting his lip with his eyes closed hard. “Brendon, are you fucking choking?” 

Brendon shakes his head fearful. 

“Then what the fuck is wrong with you?” Jon asks, eyes still adjusting to the bright light outside his bunk. 

Brendon shakes his head again, more forceful this time and buries his head in his pillow, mumbling, “Ryan.” 

Jon turns on the boy standing in the aisle and glares. “What did you do to him?” 

“I didn’t do anything, I-” He stops, helpless. “Brendon, what’s wrong?” 

Brendon cries, Fix this, please! But only the honey eyed boy’s name emerges from his mouth. 

“Ryan, what the hell did you-” 

“I didn’t do anything!” Ryan shouts, eyes wide and frantic and he’s so fucking confused and his heart is racing and he thinks he’s the one who’s choking. “I don’t know what’s wrong with him, Jon. I-” 

“Hey, hey, hey!” Spencer Smith has just been woken up and now all three boys are cowering. “What the hell is the matter with you all?” he grunts, rolling up into a sitting position before sliding down out of his bunk. “I’m trying to fucking sleep!” 

“Brendon’s freaking out,” Jon says and Ryan nods. 

Spencer stares blank faced. “Jon Walker,” he sighs, closing his eyes and rubbing his temples, “think about what you’ve just said. You’re making a big deal over Brendon freaking out. Last time I checked, Brendon freaks out on a daily basis.” 

“No, Spencer,” Jon says with an irritated sigh - he does believe he’s not the only one that was awoken by Brendon’s fuckery - and he rakes his fingers through his hair. “Like, Brendon’s fucked up and we don’t know why.” 

Spencer frowns, “Oh,” and peers into Jon’s bunk, catching sight of Brendon’s big, brown eyes and leans forward. “Bren,” he says softly, strikingly opposite of his previous tone. “Brendon, what’s wrong?” 

Brendon shakes his head again and whimpers into Jon’s pillow. 

“Do you not want to say it?” Spencer asks, motherly and soft and Brendon really wants to apologize for last night but he can’t, he just shakes his head some more. “Will you write it?” Brendon hesitates, then nods. “Okay,” Spencer says calmly. “Jon, go get me a pad and pen,” and Jon is gone and back within ten seconds.