“But, but, but-” Brendon’s pout grew deeper. 

“No but’s, Bren,” Spencer said with a sense of finality. “If you can manage to woo Jon or Ryan into downloading it for you then have at it. Although, I think they’ll have the same opinion as me.” 

“Spencer,” Brendon said, standing up with a puffed out chest, defiant and ready to prove a point. “I refuse to believe that you enjoy Dashboard’s version over Pink’s. She is a strong, beautiful woman with amazing hair and I demand that you download me her version immediately.” 

Spencer blinked. 

“You are such a sexist bastard,” Brendon huffed before tromping up to the front of the bus and making quite a ruckus within the kitchen cabinets. 

“Um,” Ryan said dryly when he arrived back on the bus twenty minutes later, observing Spencer before a loud slam came from the kitchen and he flinched in surprise. Turning back to Spencer with wide eyes and a scared Is It Safe To Be Here Right Now? look and said, “I brought groceries?” He lifted two plastic sacks filled with food as evidence. 

Spencer chuckled at his best friend’s face, all twisted with confusion and innocence and simply said, “Brendon’s having a fit.” 

“Oh,” Ryan said oddly dejected. He had quite hoped that there was some sort of interesting story behind who was slamming cabinets; he had briefly wondered if Jon had woken up only to find there was still no coffee and was on a rampage. That would be quite tragic considering that was the first thing Ryan picked up at the store. Sadly, it was Brendon. And Brendon’s fits weren’t anything interesting or new. “Well, what about this time?” he asked routinely. 

“I’m trying to email Haley about her apartment and I won’t download him Pink’s ‘So What?’; told him it was stupid that he hears it every night and that I wasn’t going to waste my time with it.” 

Ryan frowned, “And now he’s resorted to tearing apart our kitchen?” 

“Pretty much,” Spencer nodded. “At least until he finds out you’re back with-” 

“Ryan!” Brendon cheered, making a mad dash for the thin boy still standing dumbly with handfuls of groceries. “Ryan, Ryan, Ryan!” Brendon clapped, throwing his arms around the guitarist’s neck and squeezing him tight. “You’re back! I missed you! And you brought food! Great, I’m starving. We can have a nice little chat while you make dinner and-” His words were a rush of breath and squeaks and before Ryan had time to comprehend everything Brendon had said, he’d already stripped the sacks from Ryan’s hands and was dragging him into the kitchen. 

Ryan made a squawking sound and allowed himself to be dragged into the small area, looking back over his shoulder at Spencer who shrugged with sympathy. Ryan Ross was about to be pummeled with puppy dog eyes and pouty lips. 

“Ryan, I need you to do me a favor,” Brendon said, turning Ryan around to face him. 

“What?” asked Ryan monotone. 

“I need you to download a song for me.” 

“Brendon,” Ryan groaned. “I just got home, okay? And I’m hungry. The last thing I want to do right now is download anything.” 

“But Spencer won’t do it for me and Jon’s asleep,” Brendon whined. 

“Can’t you download it to your computer?” 

“It’s broken,” Brendon said sadly. 

“Why is it broken?” Ryan asked shocked. He knew Brendon was practically obsessed with that computer and he was surprised to hear that he had let any damage come to it.