Chapter 37

Authors note: this is dedicated to EllieTheInfectedGirl for giving me the name to the sequel, so you should really check out her profile and read her stories.

Katniss' POV

I knock at Johanna's door. She answers it with a scowl on her face.

"What?" She snaps.

"I'm just here to stop you doing illegal shit" I answer

"Well then shut the door" she says as I follow her into her living room

I sit down on the couch. "Look, I know your pissed at him, but doing illegal shit isn't the way to deal with it"

"Then what is the way to deal with it?" She questions

"I don't know, what do you normal do when your angry that isn't illegal?"

"Shit' she answers "that's a hard one"

"I'll give you time to think"

"Sometimes I slam my axe into trees, I sometimes punch that punch bag over there" she says pointing to the punch bag in the corner "what else? Shit, I uh, occasionally scream swear words. I can't think of anything else that isn't illegal"

"Okay" I say, "that gives me an idea"

"I bet it's fucking fantastic" she says sarcastically

"Bitch, I sometimes have good ideas, just saying."

"Fine, whatever. What's your idea then?"

I get up walking over to the punch bag in the corner.

"I'm too angry for that" she says

"Who do you hate more, Gale, Snow, Enobaria or Beetee?"

"Shit, that's a hard one, but Snow, why?" She asks

"No reason" I reply grabbing her computer, connecting it to the printer and printing out a picture of Snow.

"Katniss, that just makes me angrier"

"Wait, it'll be worth it" I said, cutting his head out roughly and taping it to the punch bag. I grab a roll of duct tape and give him a rough stick body.

"There you go" I tell her turning the punch bag round. She laughs. "Now you can kick the shit out of him"

"That's actually not a terrible idea"

"I told you they're not all terrible" I reply.

Her foot strikes his 'head'

"That was a good kick" I compliment

"Everything I do is good" she says before sending her fists flying

"Fuck you!" She screams "you fucking bastard. You deserve this!"

After half an hour of her insulting and assaulting 'Snow' she stops.

"That was fucking good" she says throwing herself on the couch. "It's the best idea you've ever had"

"I'm full of good ideas" I reply. "Now I gotta go home, I promised Peeta I wouldn't be long, try not to do anything illegal, you can kick the shit out of him anytime you want"

"See ya"

"Bye"

I walk out of her house and make my way across the street to my own.

I'd stayed longer than I realised. Willow and Rye were both in bed, Peeta wasn't downstairs, so I decided to join him in bed. He's just getting ready for a shower when I walk into the bedroom, and he convinces me to come with him.

He scoops me up in his arms, carrying me into the bathroom. We kiss under the trickling water.

"I love you" he whispers.

"I love you too' I reply, stroking his face. "Forever and always"

And with that he brings his lips to mine again

Authors note: so this is the last chapter (😭)

But don't worry, I'll design the cover for 'Forever on Fire' tomorrow and I'll hopefully post an update the day after. It'll be up soon, just check my profile.

Shoutout to EllieTheInfectedGirl again for the title

QOTD: what is your main fandom

AOTD: The hunger games ☺️

Vote

Comment

Share

Fan

&

Stay Alive