Chapter 9: Humans

Viviana rushed back to the rabbit house. Blake, Emmett, Brynn, and Melody were inside.

"I told Harper to go see Reese and Luna to go see Sawyer at the gate." Brynn told her. Vivi nodded and they huddled together.

"Okay- Melody. The rabbits here on the island are spies that report to the cats and wolves so they can defend and attack. Got it?" Brynn looked to her. Melody nodded- she was sweating. 

Viviana held out her hand with the walkie-talkies Reese gave her. "Everyone take one. Since we are one short, Melody and I will stick together." Vivi smiled at the scared rabbit, but she nodded. The 5 stood up and quickly stuck out of the cabin. 

Melody and Viviana took the right side of the path next to the gate. Emmett, Blake, and Brynn all went left but spread out down towards the docks more. Viviana motioned to Melody and they hid behind a tree. Viviana took out the walkie-talkie. 

"Blake. Can you see the human?" She whispered.

"Yeah, he just docked. There is 2 other humans though, they just came out from under the deck. A girl and a boy." Blake whispered back.

"Crap- Melody, there is 3 of them." Melody whimpered. "Shh, it's okay." Vivi wrapped an arm around her and kept watch. They heard footsteps and crunching. Melody looked towards the gate and saw Ozzie, Sawyer, Piper, Eve, and Luna all ready with their weapons, encase needed.

"So you said this was the island with the animal creatures?" A girl's voice sounded.

"Mhm. While coming here though, I saw this hooded figure.. it was on one of the trees. I didn't know what it was." A man's voice came out. 

Viviana grimaced. That might have been whoever this creature is, killing the members of the village. 

"Whoa, boss look at that! A pure, golden gate." A squeaky voice emerged, it was the other guy.

The walkie-talkie sounded through to Brynn and Emmett. "Vivi, they are just at the gate. Can you see any weapons?" Brynn asked. Melody looked and took the walkie-talkie. "It's me, Melody. One has a sword and the other two have what look like pistols." Her voice shook. Viviana held her breath. Then she glanced beyond the gate to see the cats hiding behind bushes, loaded with potions. 

"Okay- um.. I think Reese might have a walkie-talkie. Blake can you get through to him?" Emmett asked. On the line Blake appeared again, "got it." 

They watched as the 3 humans observed the gates. One even rattled it. "Who goes there, at our island!" It was Eve's voice. "Hey now, we are just here to talk.." The human with the deep voice laughed. 

"They seem dangerous." Viviana murmured to Melody. 

"Leave now humans! You do not belong here, as we will attack if you do not retreat." Ozzie growled. "Very funny- open the damn gates." The girl screamed. 

All you heard was a growl and then the wolves jumped over the gates and began to fight. Bullets fired and the rabbits ducked. "Wolves! Side!" Lexi yelled. The wolves dashed to the sides of the path and covered their heads. The rabbits did the same. Potions were launched over, hitting the humans. They blocked them all with shields. "W-wha-!!!!" Lexi screeched and then fell to the ground grasping her hand. They shot her. Reese ran out with Athena and carried her behind the bushes. 

The wolves got up and Sawyer and Eve shot with their bows while the other 3 used their swords. Ozzie stabbed the girl with his sword right in the heart and she fell to the ground dead. A puddle of blood formed around her. Melody whimpered and covered her eyes. 

The human who seemed the boss, whipped out a rope and swung it like a cowboy. He wrapped Ozzie and Luna in it. They hit the ground and passed out from the impact. "Ozzie!" Sawyer yelled. Letting her guard down, the wimpy boy took his gun and shot her leg. She collapsed whimpering. It was just Eve and Piper left to fight. The rabbits didn't have weapons and the cats were out of potions. Eve shot an arrow into the boss and he just picked it right out without flinching.

"W-what? How-!!!!" Eve was hit in the head with a log and she fell to the ground passed out. The wimpy one snuck around. 

Piper kicked him into the tree and looked at the more powerful enemy. "Hey now- you don't have to do this. Drop your weapon and I drop mine." She looked at him, with a shy smile.

"Why should I dog?" He laughed. 

"Did you seriously just call me dog?" She growled. They argued and a glow emerged from Viviana. "Wha..?"

Let me in. I can stop him. Just let me take control for one second. Please.

The voice echoed. "You can.. stop him?" Viviana looked at Melody who was eyeing her. Then looked back. She nodded and shut her eyes. 

"You need to leave, before you see my bad side human." Piper growled and whipped her tail. Then her eyes widened to see Viviana walking out behind the man. Her eyes were pure white with no pupils. They were glowing. 

"What in the name of arcane is Viviana doing?" Brynn shouted through the walkie-talkie.

The man turned around. "A rabbit? Why hello there cutie. What are you going to do?" He toyed with her. She lifted her hand and a sword appeared from thin air. Everyone gasped. "What the hell bunny?" He stared at her. "Don't call me bunny, human." She flicked her finger and the sword flew forward and pierced his stomach. He yelped and fell to the ground. He tried taking it out but it wouldn't budge.

"Now, I won't kill you. As long as you stay on this island and behave. You and your wimpy friend will fight along side us. There is a creature that is killing us off one by one, and we need your help. Got it, human?" Her voice echoed and was deeper than usual. 

He nodded in pain. Viviana motioned her hand back and the sword vanished. But the blood started to flow quick. Then she walked over and knelt down. She touched the wound and he cried, but then it was healed completely. He stared at her in awe as she backed up.

But then her eyes flickered and the glow disappeared. She fell to the ground, motionless. "VIVI!" Blake rushed out and cradled her. "What was that? That wasn't her." He mumbled. Piper took the wimpy boy by his wrist and brought him up to the tree. The cats and rabbits worked together to take the other human, Lexi, and the wolves up to the tree as well. For the girl, she was gone. But the other humans didn't seem to care.

Blake picked up Viviana and brushed the hair from her face.

"You were brave out there." 

He leaned down and kissed her forehead. Then he carried her to the tree like everyone else.