Chapter 5: Arrows and Attack

Out of nowhere, Reese watched an arrow soar down and pierce Emmett's leg. Viviana screamed and Blake caught his best friend. Reese ran over and slid down next to Emmett. He was whimpering in pain. Reese looked up and saw another arrow heading straight for Viviana's head. He jumped up and shoved her to the ground. The arrow missed her and hardly missed Blake. 

"T-thank.. you.." Vivi was shaking. Blake slowly rested Emmett on the ground. "Vivi, get Brynn and Sawyer." Reese commanded. She got up and ran off to get them. She came back with both of them. Sawyer running quicker, scanned the sky. No more arrows, at least for now. "Who would have done this.. and hurt my rabbits.." Brynn teared up in anger. 

Emmett's leg started to gush out blood at a rapid rate. The arrow was clean through. "V-Vivi.." He called her over. She rested his head on her legs. "Hey.. shh Emmett... you are gonna be o-okay.. We are going to get you help.."

Zoe watched from the tree. She called down. "Reese. Bring Emmett up here. Now!" Her tone was serious. Sawyer and Reese held Emmett. Blake ripped his jacket and wrapped the wound with it to try and stop the blood. Then he comforted Brynn and Vivi, who were both upset. Zoe called down again, "Brynn, get Trevor and Kayleigh! I need help up here!" Brynn ran off to get them.

A few minutes later, it almost seemed as if everyone was up in the tree. Daxson watched as Brynn entered with Trevor but no Kayleigh. Trevor quickly went to tending Emmett. Brynn ran up to Zoe. "I couldn't find Kayleigh." "What-"

Eve looked around and reported to Sawyer. "I don't see Jaylen, Kayleigh, or Ozzie."

"Damn it, Ozzie should be up here. It's fine. We got one alpha up here. We just gotta step up our game and not let anyone hurt the members again." Sawyer growled.

"But Sawyer, who shot the arrow?" Eve asked.

Sawyer stared at her. "I.. don't know. It's either an intruder or-" She gulped, "one of us."

Eve's eyes widened.

Next to Emmett's bed, Vivi, Blake, and Brynn were watching over him. Brynn was crying. Viviana was holding his hand. Blake had his arms around both girls comforting them. He himself also felt tears growing. They watched as Trevor and Zoe poured potions into his mouth, wrapping his arm, and injecting needles into him. His ears would twitch every once in a while, which was hope that he would survive. 

Next to his bed, Lexi sat awake, confused. She was fully healed, but needed to stay in the tree until the next day. She talked to Piper and Daxson and was filled in. And then she looked back at Emmett concerned. 

Reese proceeded to create potions to help heal Emmett. "Hey everyone?" Zoe called out.

Everyone froze and looked at the cat girl. "I need everyone to leave now. I need to proceed to heal Emmett. Trevor and Reese can stay. So can Lexi. We'll let you know how Emmett's doing in the morning." Everyone sighed and started to leave. 

Viviana bent down and kissed his forehead. "Feel better Em."

Blake and Brynn took Vivi's hands and the 3 rabbits walked down the stairs last. They decided that Blake can stay with them tonight so he didn't have to be alone in his cottage. They all sat on the couch in silence, until it was broken by Blake starting to cry. Viviana turned around and hugged him, trying to comfort him like he did her. Brynn cooked them soup for dinner, but they just picked at it. They were all too worried. 

When they went to go sleep, Brynn was the first to doze off. Blake laid down in the extra bed and was just staring at the ceiling. Vivi was rolled on her side watching him. "Blake?" He looked over. "Do you want me to go over there with you?" She asked, blushing. "I don't mind."

She slowly got up and laid down next to him. They both stared at the ceiling until Vivi rolled over. She rested her head on his shoulder. "Emmett is going to be okay.." She whispered.

"I know." He sighed, "I'm just worried."

"Me too."

Blake rolled over to face her. He leaned in and kissed her forehead. "Get a good nights rest. Okay?" He said softly.

She nodded and shut her eyes. He blushed and shut his too. Slowly, with the comfort of each other, they fell asleep.

The Hand of a Warriorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें