Chapter 2: Old Friend

Viviana and Brynn sat face to face on the couch. "Okay, so all the different animals have roles on this island. The wolves are the guards and protectors of this island. The cats are the potion makers. They have all types of potions to fight with or heal people with. And then there is us, the rabbits. We are the spies of this island and we are quite sneaky if I do say so myself." Brynn smiled cheekily.

"I'm like being sneaky and quiet so that's good, haha." Viviana grinned.

Brynn added, "You'll meet the others soon. They are probably all busy. The cat leader has been dying to meet you! He loves new people."

"Really?" Vivi's eyes gleamed.

"Yea-" Brynn was cut off by a eruption of shouting. "Oh- oh no, not again. Can you come with me Vivi?" Brynn quickly stood up and ran to the door. Viviana nodded and quickly followed. Brynn swung open the door. There stood a tall cat boy, around 19 looking and Sawyer.

"Listen Reese, we need the potions. It's urgent! The nearby island is being attacked and they lost their weapons and defense!" Sawyer growled. She was acting totally different from earlier.

The male cat stepped foward, "Sawyer. Listen to me. Use your damn head! We can't! The potions aren't tested yet. The nearby island could possibly die FROM the potions!"

"Oh my god, who cares? It might save them!" She got in his face.

"And this is why you are a guard, not a potion maker." He growled and his cat tail whipped.

"Um.. hey? Guys? Can you not fight in front of our house? Especially since we got a new member." Brynn crossed her arms and her rabbit ears pointed at Vivi.

Suddenly it was quiet. But the cat, named Reese had glittering eyes. He turned to Viviana. "It's so nice to finally meet you!!" He took her hand and shook it. "I'm Reese! And you?"

She blushed, "I'm Viviana." She motioned to everyone there, "You guys can all call me Vivi though." 

Reese looked like he saw a ghost. He took her by the face. "Reese what are you.. doing?!" Sawyer tried to pull him back. He quickly let go and looked like a tomato. "It.. can't be. Viviana Quill?"

Vivi gasped. No one here knew her last name. "Reese... Stern?" She was shocked.

"Vivi!" He ran back up to her and brought her into a hug. She hugged back and started to tear up. She was overwhelmed with delight. 

"What is happening?" Brynn whispered to Sawyer. 

"It's you! It's actually you! I thought you.. died.." Vivi's heart was screaming.

"No.. Vivi, I moved away during that war on Celiz City. It was for my safety. I heard your parents died though... I'm sorry. Those humans are- something..." He held her tight.

Quickly, Viviana's tears grew sad. "Don't remind me.. I'm glad you are safe."

Sawyer and Brynn stood there dumbfounded. "Can someone maybe explain what's happening and you two can get all lovey dovey later? K thanks." Sawyer sassed.

They immediately let go of each other and blushed.  "Ignore her." Brynn giggled. While the three were talking, Vivi stared at Reese. Taking in how much he changed and that, well, he was alive. He was tall with broad shoulders. He had chocolate brown hair that was slick to one side. His eyes were a crystal blue. He had quite the tan too. Right away she noticed his adorable freckles. She smiled to herself.

"Hey Vivi, want me to introduce you to some of my cats?" Reese looked at her.

"Your cats?" She looked at him, until she realized he is the leader of the cats. "Haha, sure!"

Reese and Viviana walked off and Sawyer and Brynn walked into the female rabbit house.

Reese knocked on the door and a female cat opened the door. Behind her were 2 other cat girls. "Oh hi! You must be the newest member! I'm Lexi. This is Zoe and that's Kayleigh." After being introduced, the 5 of them sat in the female cat cottage and talked on and on. Lexi had shoulder-length red hair and brown eyes. Her ears and tail were red as well. Zoe's hair was long and black, tied into braids. Her eyes were green and she had olive skin. Her ears and tail were black with white spots. Finally, Kayleigh had brown skin and black curly hair. Her ears and tail were a camo green. All 3 girls were very sweet and welcoming as well.

Reese noticed it was getting dark out, so he offered to walk Vivi home in case she got lost. Knowing she would get lost, Viviana said yes. Once they got to her cottage he walked home and Vivi crept in. It was only around 7 pm but Brynn was already passed out on the couch. 

She slid into bed and rolled onto her side. She saw a glint of something shiny but was too lazy to get up to see what it was. So she just shut her eyes, and disappeared into a deep sleep.