Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Pictures on side are of Andy and Brittany

-------------------------------------

~•~

BRITTANY'S POV

"Ashley? Do you think I should talk to Jake?" I asked him uncomfortably.

"Actually...yes I do," he said looking at me straight in the eye.

I sighed and said, "Nevermind, I'm going upstairs," and shook Ashley off.

I went into Alex's room and locked the door. Nobody knew what I did to myself. I've been doing it since I was 17 and nobody cared. I rummaged into the backpack I brought over to Alex's house and took out my box with the shiny metal blades.

I burst into tears and brought my favorite one across my left arm saying, "That's for thinking he loved you," My tears stung my eyes as I brought it across a second time, "That's for loving him,"

I brought it to my right arm and slashed into my wrist carelessly, "That's for hating Taylor,"

I pressed it into my wrist one last time saying, "And that, that's for still loving him," the last one was deep. I dropped the blade and smiled to myself. The last thing I remember is falling onto the floor into pitch black.

~•~

JAKES POV

It had been over half an hour since Brittany had gone upstairs and she hadn't come down. Band practice was over and she usually came down by this time.

"Ashley, is Brittany still upstairs?"

He frowned and said, "Yeah she is,"

Something wasn't right. I ran up the stairs and went to Alexandria's room yanking open the door but it wouldn't budge. She locked it.

I pounded my fist against the door screaming, "Brittany! Open the door!"

There was no answer and I pounded on it louder.

Andy and Ashley came upstairs asking why I was screaming and when I told them, the two of them helped me break down the door. I nearly fainted by what I saw.

Brittany. Beautiful, beautiful Brittany, surrounded by a pool of blood and a razor with her eyes closed.

"No!" I heard Ashley yell and tears sprung into his eyes but he held them back.

"ALEX CALL 911!" Andy yelled down the stairs.

"No," I whispered and went over to Brittany and held her close to me. I kissed her eyes, lips and nose saying, "Please," over and over again as if she would wake up by my touch. I pressed my ear against her chest and heard a faint heart beat,

"She's still alive," I said thankfully.

The ambulance came and the guys told me I should ride in the back with her but Taylor protested, I shook her off me and growled, "We're done Taylor!"

She stood with her hands to her mouth and ran off.

I sat in the back with Brittany and pressed my lips to her numb cold ones.

"Oh Britney...why?" I moaned.

~•~

BRITTANY'S POV

I awoke in a white room and I was wearing a blue dress. What the hell? I looked down at my arms and immediately groaned. No, no, no.

How could I have been so stupid?! All for a guy... And just then, Jake stepped through the hospital door and knelt beside me.

"Jake I-"

"Shh," he said, pressing a warm finger to my cold lips.

"This is all my fault," he stroked my face with a finger, "The doctor said you can come home as soon as you woke up, you lost a lot of blood so you'll have to come back for check ups...and you have to go to therapy,"

I sighed, "I know," I looked into his hazel eyes and said, "Why aren't you with Taylor? She must be wanting to be with you." I said coldly.

He frowned at me, "I broke up with Taylor..." he took my face in his hands and said, "I didn't even like her,"

"Oh," I replied. He looked into my grey eyes and asked, "This may not be the right time but... Brittany? Will you do me the pleasure of being my girlfriend?"

I stared at him with my mouth wide open and he grinned, "I'll take that as a yes."