Chapter 13

Chapter 13

-----------------------------------

~•~

BRITTANY'S POV

I was kinda hurt from yesterday's band practice. Now matter how hard I tried to corner Jake, he seemed to wriggle out of my sight. Like he was avoiding me... I honestly didn't understand.

I was lying on my bed, my head swimming with these thoughts when I realized something. I stumbled off my bed and rummaged in my desk drawer to pull out the slip of paper with Jakes address on it. I gave it a kiss and sighed happily. I do think he likes me. It sure seemed like it when he kissed me.

I pulled on a white tank-top and jean shorts along with my ankle boots. I tied my wavy hair into a bun and ran out of the house.

I looked around the area looking for Jakes address and the way he had described his house. When I finally found it I knocked on the door and heard voices inside... Two voices. Frowning, I waited patiently for Jake to answer.

He came to the door with his usual spiky hair, but something was different.

Was it a different way his eyeliner was applied? No. It was a girl. A girl dressed in a short pink dress with curly white-blonde hair was clinging onto Jakes shoulder kissing his cheek.

"Uh Taylor? Can you wait upstairs in my room? I needa deal with this," he said impatiently and the perky girl gave him one last kiss and Jake stepped outside, closing the door behind me.

"Listen, Brittany, about the other day," he sighed impatiently and said, "When I kissed you, I didn't mean that. I didn't know what I was doing, I already have a girlfriend,"

I listened intently, all the words I had been wanting to say to him were now lost in the pit of my stomach. It was as though I didn't know the man standing in front of me. All I knew was I wanted to get as far away from him as possible.

"I, I understand," I said quietly backing away from him. He smiled gently, "I'm glad you understand. I really love Taylor. She's beautiful and funny," he gazed dreamily away from me.

With the words love, beautiful and funny it was as if a knife pierced through my heart three times.

I smiled weakly at him and began walking away.

So much for love.

~•~

JAKES POV

As I watched her walk away from me I stormed into the house. I smashed the thing nearest to me, which happened to be vase, and sent it flying into the air.

"Jakey? Baby? What's wrong?" I heard the sickening familiar words from Taylor's voice.

She was a distraction. To get myself away from Brittany. I was using her.

I smiled at her and said, "Just great baby," and she wrapped her legs around my stomach and her arms around my neck.

I placed a cold kiss on my lips, unlike the one I had shared with Brittany. She pushed me backwards onto the couch, her legs still suffocating my body.

How much longer would I be able to put up with this?

~•~

ALEX'S POV

I sighed, "Don't worry Brittany, maybe Jake's just not the one. Plus, he'll be eating his words by now I can tell you,"

She sobbed into my shoulder and rubbed my hand down her back.

She looked up, "I just thought...I thought he liked me,"

I shook my head, "Just give it time, he'll come running back,"

~•~ { NEXT DAY }

ASHLEY'S POV

"You idiot," I growled at Jake as he recounted his tale to me and Andy.

"I know I can't date her, what if I ruin our friendship?" he said awkwardly.

Andy slapped his forehead, "Your friendships far from gone by now Jake, the way you said it, "I love Taylor, she's so pretty and beautiful unlike you!" "

Jake glared at Andy and said, "I didn't say that,"

"But I'll bet you anything that's what she was thinking," I said piping up.

Andy stuffed his cigarette into his ash tray and sighed. "Oh Jake, will you ever learn?"

Just then, Alex came into the kitchen and said, "Jake..some girl named Taylor is at the door," under her breath.

I shot one last glare at him as he left the room to see Taylor.

I asked Alex where Brittany was and she stated she was upstairs in her room,

"Can I have a few minutes alone with her?" I asked, and she nodded.

I bounded up the steps to find a red-puffy-eyed Brittany hugging a pillow.

"Hey," I said quietly as I entered the room.

"Hi Ashley," she grunted. I sat down next to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders bringing her close to me. She sobbed harder, her shoulders shaking and I stroked her hair, shushing her. I turned her to face me and said, "Listen, Jake is going to come back for you, I know he is, just wait and see," I placed a soft kiss on her forehead and she said, "Thanks Ashley," smiling gratefully.

Oh Lord I'm like a father, I thought.

I took her by the shoulders and led her downstairs where Andy and Alex were wrapped around eachother laughing, Sandra reading, and Jake fully enveloped by a girl with a horrible tan complexion and the shortest dress I've ever seen.

Ashley likey. I smirked to myself. When Jake dumps her I'll gladly take that delicious piece of-

"Ashley?" Brittany asked, looking up at me. I pulled her closer and said, "Sorry," I noticed Jake cringe when he saw my arm around Brittany and I quickly took it away.

~•~

ANDY'S POV

"You're so beautiful," I said to Alex as I rested my forehead against hers.

"You know, we have two new songs already," I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"Are you serious?! Andy that's great! What're the songs called?"

"Well one is called We Stitch These Wounds which is what we're thinking of calling our first album, the other one is called Beautiful Remains,"

"I bet they're great," she said kissing my nose.

"Eh I don't really like them to be honest, I mean I do, but I'm sure we'll come up with better ones," I said placing my lips gently against hers and she cringed from feeling my cold lip ring.

"Hey Andy?"

"Yeah?"

"When is that Jeremy guy coming? The one that's Jakes friend?"

"We don't know yet, possibly not for a while yet, besides he'll just play harmony guitar so it's not vital that we have him, but I want him to come so we'll sound like a better band,"

"Oh," she replied. I turned to look at Jake being uncomfortably seduced by his girlfriend and gave a chuckle.

"I don't really like her, she comes in and tells me to get her a water bottle, imagine the nerve,"

Alex laughed and I smiled from hearing her laugh.

I pulled her onto my lap and said, "What did I ever do to get you?" whispering in her ear and kissing her neck.

She smiled and tugged on my hair, "Alex?"

"Hmm?" she asked.

I turned her to face me and asked, "Will you go on a date with me?"

She grinned at me and said "I'd love to,"

"Tonight then?" I asked giving her ear a kiss and she nodded.