Chapter 12

Chapter 12

----------------------------------

~•~

JAKES POV

I woke up at 11:30 realising with a pang I had to be at Brittany's house at 12:00 to give her her guitar lesson.

I took a quick 5 minute shower, pulled on skinny jeans, a black V-neck and Vans.

I quickly spiked up my hair and grabbed my guitar case and headed out into the warm evening.

I hummed to myself as I walked around searching for her house and then I stopped outside a big marble white house.

I smirked to myself, so she's rich.

I grasped the marble knocker and the front door and brought it down onto the door 3 times. When Brittany opened the door she looked really beautiful. Her blonde hair was straightened and tied up in a ponytail, she was wearing a beige frilly blouse and black leggings.

I found myself staring at her and blushed. She smiled at me and invited me in.

"So uh where're we practicing?" I asked awkwardly.

"Well I was thinking the living room?" she said pointing me in the direction of a comfortable looking couch.

"Homey," I said curving my lips into a smile.

She smiled and said, "Stay here, make yourself at home, I'll go get my guitar," she ran up the stairs and I looked after her.

Would she date me? I wonder if she would. I began unzipping my guitar case and pulled out my precious guitar.

She came back down with an acoustic guitar in her hands.

I smiled at her and she sat on a spot a few feet away from me.

"Where do we start?" she asked eagerly.

"Well I was thinking the guitar parts...." and I drifted off in a talk of which fret does what..

~•~ { HOUR LATER }

BRITTANY'S POV

Jake had just finished teaching me the notes [which had taken a long time considering I 'didnt know' them] ok, I lied. I actually did know how to play guitar, but I really wanted to spend time with Jake...is that a bad thing?

We had moved on to songs and he was carefully instructing me how to hold the guitar properly.

He was strumming a few notes on his guitar but I wasn't paying attention, I was too busy staring at his beautiful face.

Look at those eyes, they're like big brown almonds, I could stare into them for days.

After a few moments I realised he caught me staring and I found myself blushing. Well this is slightly awkward...

He put down his guitar and said, "Do you think you have the hang of the guitar now?"

Not knowing what else to say I said, "I think so,"

He moved closer to my leaving just a small gap in between us,

"I'm sorry to hear that," he said quietly.

"Whys that?" I asked and he moved closer, so our thighs touched and his warm breath was now on my face.

When he spoke I caught a hint of peppermint.

"Because then I'll have to leave," he whispered, and his lips curved into a small smile.

The next second, his lips were pressed firmly against mine and his hands had snaked their way onto my waist.