Chapter 1

Hey guys! This is my first story on Wattpad so uh.... here goes I guess, haha. Well, basically the story is revolves around a 15 year old girl named Alexandria [Alex] who has been bullied for as long as she can remember. While at school, she meets a guy named Ashley Purdy in her English class she grows fond of, so they start hanging out and she is later introduced to Ashley's bestfriend, Andy Biersack. The story is pretty much my extremely false and dreadfully inaccurate interpretation of Black Veil Brides' life before and during the creation of the band. So.... Enjoy!

----------------------------------

**NARRATORS POV**

Alexandria Rivers awoke on a crisp, breezy fall morning with a feeling of dread in the pit of her stomach. She was about to attend her first day of her senior year of high school. Alex got up and went to her fathers often vacant room to check if he had come home. Nothing, as per usual.

You see, Alex very rarely saw her father. Her mother had passed away 4 years earlier due to her fathers' drinking and driving habits. Her father survived with severe injuries, while her mother was pronounced dead at the scene.

When her dad was released from the hospital, he was taken into custody with DUI charges. Meanwhile, child services picked up 13 year old Alex to take her to her Aunt Mae's house. When her dad was released from jail, things didn't get any better. He usually didn't come back for weeks since he went on drinking binges almost every night. And when he was home, he went straight to bed. Alex didn't mind of course, her Aunt Mae always stopped by once a month to take care of any bills or financial needs, and Alex grew fond of being on her own.

She was used to it that way.

She walked into the bathroom and stared at her reflection in the mirror. Pale complexion, choppy dark brown hair that she had cut herself. Then there was her fringe that was terribly cut, but showed her sense of style. The tips of her hair were faded maroon and her bangs a faded black. Her eyes a light shade of green, commonly mistaken for grey.

She went into her room and pulled on a grey Metallica t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and a pair of Vans. Afterwards, she returned to the bathroom and applied her usual heavy load of eyeliner and mascara.

On her way out, she stepped on her skateboard and skated towards her personal hell.

**ALEX'S POV**

I was almost getting to the front steps when I heard the familiar drawling voice behind me. I groaned. Why now? I thought to myself.

"YO! EMO!"

I turned to face Ricky and his group of assholes.

"What is it?" I said rolling my eyes.

He turned to face his friends with a devilish grin. "Would you look at that? The freak is finally answering to her proper name!" They all howled with laughter.

"Well what the hell do you want you asshole?" I growled. As soon as the last word escaped my mouth, I regretted it.

"What the hell did you call me you bitch?" he put a finger on my chin and stroked it gently. After a few seconds he slapped me cross the cheek. I winced.

"Yeah, that's what I thought," he winked, and turned away.

His friends bursted into laughter yet again.

I scowled at them all and waited for more harassment before skating away, but was surprised when I saw them walk away -- I immediately saw what had distracted them.

They headed towards a guy sporting a Mötley Crüe t-shirt and black eyeliner.

"Guys look at this fag wearing makeup!" I heard John say.