Part 96: ...For Now

Atticus' POV:

"You're going to release them," I whispered in horror. Fell grinned.

"There it is. Very good, Atticus; you're as bright as always," he praised before lifting his hand and once again snapping his fingers.

Then we were suddenly back where we began, standing in the field just outside the cabin. My legs buckled as I grew dizzy from the mental whiplash, but I managed to stay on my feet. I groaned and shook my head to clear it as Fell waited patiently.

"But you haven't done anything with it yet..." I said finally.
"There's more to the story, isn't there?"

Fell nodded. "Yes. And this story was never Jericho's, or even mine... it was always yours," he said with a sly smile.

I narrowed my eyes. "And what the bloody hell is that supposed to mean?" I demanded, only for Fell to hold up his hand and shake his head in a placating gesture.

"In due time, boy. All in due time. For now, I'll bide mine; you know all that you need to."

I was silent for a moment. "...Then go. Just know that when you return... we'll be ready," I swore fiercely.

"The same goes for me. I look forward to our reunion, Atticus," he said with a smirk. I lowered my head as my eyes darkened in a glare.

"Thrysta."

Though there was no magic burst of light this time, Fell was still blown back a couple feet. It was more of a warning shot than an attack, but it was still satisfying to see him thrown off balance.
Unsurprisingly, he allowed the magic to strike him, knowing that it wasn't powerful enough by design. He grinned and dissolved before he even stumbled back more than a foot, shooting away from me and into the field in a vicious streak of black and gold.

I watched him fly away for a moment before noticing two figures standing about a kilometer off in the same direction. One was surrounded by an insidious green and black light, while the other was a pure, bright blue.

"Antioch," I muttered softly before sprinting after Fell.

Third person POV:

Back in the cabin, Signe Hansen slowly began to awaken, blinking rapidly to clear her blurred vision.

"Fuuuuuck... I feel like this is the world's worst hangover..." she slurred, clutching her aching head.
"What the hell happ-"

She suddenly stopped cold before shooting upright in the bed, eyes wide in abject shock and horror. She quickly forgot her oncoming migraine, instead focusing on a point far beyond the entrance of the unfamiliar cabin.

"Sean..."