Part 75

Felix's POV:

"Lilah..." I whispered.

I gritted my teeth clenched my fists tightly, shaking and practically hyperventilating with unadulterated rage. She didn't deserve this. She was probably the only Vampire in the whole God damn world that didn't deserve this!

"I'm gonna kill him!" I roared, leaping to my feet and starting for the door the little bastard left through.
"I'm gonna fucking rip him APART!!"

"Felix, no!" Mikhail shouted. He came out of nowhere, catching me by surprise and forcing me into a headlock.
"The boy set off a toxic hex bag in the entryway; if you follow him, you won't last a minute!" He said, grunting as I struggled. Marzia approached me and put her hands on my cheeks, making me pause for a couple seconds as I looked into her eyes.

"Felix, listen to me. You need to calm down," she said, her voice soft but urgent, "If you lose control right now-"

"I DON'T FUCKING CARE!!" I yelled, beginning my struggles again.
"LET ME G-"

I stopped as my face whipped to the side. I felt the impact before I registered the hot sting on my cheek.

I blinked. I blinked again.

She... she slapped me.

Marzia gripped my jaw in one hand and jerked my face back to hers, glaring fiercely into my eyes.

"You listen to me, broccolo," she growled lowly, "Justice will mean nothing if you are dead. This is not the time to act so rashly. Do you understand me?"

I nodded slowly, shocked out of my anger and grief for a moment.  She leaned in and crushed her lips to mine in a bruising kiss that made me a little dizzy before releasing my face roughly and stepping back.

"Good."

I stood still, not fighting as Mikhail hesitantly released his grip on me. I took one last look at Lilah's body before closing my eyes and turning away. I took a deep, slow breath and tried my best to keep my cool. Marzia was right; if I lost it and went into rage mode right now, I'd be a danger not only to myself, but to my friends as well.

I pushed down the lump in my throat; I could mourn later.

"Fine. Lets go."

"Hey look! It's Felix!"

The three of us looked up to see Mark, Amy, And Chica trotting into the room, thankfully through one of the two non-toxic doors.

"Are you guys okay?" Mark asked when they reached us.
"Chica said she smelled you fighting some Vamp-"

"We're fine," I interupted sharply, making Mark flinch a bit. I looked away from his confused face; I probably sounded harsh, but I couldn't find it in me to care at the moment. Amy nudged Mark and whispered something to him. I saw Mark turn to look at Lilah's corpse out of the corner of my eye before reaching out to place a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey man, I-"

I knocked his hand off me and turned away.

"Don't," I said, struggling to keep my voice steady.
"Just... Don't."

Virgil's POV:

"I said get the FUCK OUT OF MY WAY!!!" I screamed. My grief for my little sister was crippling. But like everything else in my life, my anger kept me on my feet. 
Celine looked genuinely taken aback for a moment by my outburst, but quickly recovered.

"Believe me, I would," she sniffed, "I couldn't care less about you and your sisters, but unfortunately for you, I have nothing better to do at the moment."

She glanced back at Signe and her mother across the room.
"Lot of family drama going on these day, huh?" She mused absently. My blood boiled at her flippant tone.

"Oh, you want drama?" I growled as I drew my sword for the first time in years. I usually didn't need it, but I was done playing games.

"You want drama?" I repeated.
"I'LL SHOW YOU DRAMA, BITCH!!"

I charged with another scream, my sword raised and my aura flared high. I closed in fast; twenty feet.
Ten feet.
Five feet.

Clang.

I was jerked to a sudden stop as my sword collided with another piece of metal; A bright purple, double sided axe. My eyes slowly trailed from the blade of the weapon, to the arm of the person holding it, and finally to their face.

What I saw jarred me to the bone.

"Virgo?"