Part 31: What did I Miss? (Incoming Thomas Jefferson Jokes)

Sean's POV:

"Alright, but I gotta warn you... you missed a whole fucking lot," I said, realizing that Jericho had heard nothing of the explanation I gave Mark and Chica while we were in that cell.

I was mostly surprised that she hadn't notice-

"VIRGIL?!" She screeched, finally seeing the previously martyred Djinn, "what... you're... YOU'RE ALIVE!!"

She squealed and ran to him, locking him in a tight bearhug that made him stiffen and squirm.

"Uh... y-yeah. Like he said, you missed a lot," Virgil chuckled nervously, looking uncomfortable. Jericho squeezed him once more before letting him go and jumping in a circle while continuing to squeal happily. Everyone looked on in amusement as Virgil crossed his arms and scowled through his obvious blush, unused to the positive attention.

"Yeah, okay, I'm happy to see you too... I guess..." he muttered grudgingly.

Virgo doubled over, giggling at the sight of her brother being put on the spot

"Ugh... you guys are so freaking extra," he groused, stomping of to lean against a wall.

"Aw, c'mon Gillie! Smile a little for once!" His sister pouted.

"Can't. Tragic botox incident," he snarked over his shoulder.

"Wait. Did she just call you-" I started with a smile.

"Oh my fucking- stop! Too much! Nope!" Virgil snapped, waving his hands as if he could ward of our snickers.

"Okay, now I just have a couple more questions..." Jericho said when she managed to sober up.

"Who are you," she pointed to Virgo, "Why are you here," she pointed to Atticus before turning to me, "And where are Felix and Marzia?"

Her question was answered in the next second when the sound of rapid footfalls drifted around the corner before a silver blur shot into view, skidding to a stop at the mouth of the alleyway. We all looked on in bemusement as she silently assessed the situation before slowly raising herself out of her fighting stance. She sheathed her sword calmly as if she hadn't just come blasting around the corner in full
ass-kicking mode for no reason.

"Well. That answers one question," quipped Virgil as Virgo wooped and ran to hug Marzia. The seasoned warrior dodged her easily, drawing a pout from the young Djinn. Marzia scanned the rest of our group with raised eyebrows as she placed a hand on Virgo's forehead and held the hyperactive girl at arm's length.

"...And just what did I miss?" She asked slowly, looking from face to face.

I sighed again.

"A lot. Where's Felix?" I asked. Marzia shrugged.

"With Anti."

"WHAT?!" we exclaimed simultaneously. Marzia opened her mouth to explain when she was cut off by a cloud of green shadows that shot from the sky like a meteor to land on the sidewalk at the edge of the alley. A smirking Anti stepped out of the neon plume, acknowledging our stunned faces with a nod before passing us to walk up to Jericho. Seeing as he had helped all of us in some way at some point, we were hesitant to draw our weapons.

Anti stopped in front of Jericho, crossing his arms and casually returning her cheeky smile that made me wonder what went down between them.

"Pleasure working with you, Jay," Anti grinned, extending his hand. Jericho smiled as they shook on some unspoken term.

"Likewise, Anti."

'What did I miss?' I wondered.

I nearly slapped myself for the thought.

Anti nodded before turning survey the scene with an expression of mild curiosity.

"Not that I give a wild flying fuck," he said flippantly, "but what did I miss?"

I groaned.

"A lo-"

"You missed me, you arse!" Yelled Atticus, who had been quietly stewing until that moment. He shocked us all by marching right up to one of the most feared Paranormal beings on the planet and jabbing a finger into his chest.

"You forgot about me, you insufferable git!" He growled. Anti just grinned and crossed his arms, looking infinitely amused.

"Aww, you missed me!" He chuckled. The kid practically had steam coming out of his ears.

"Where the bloody hell have you been?!" He yelled. The Demon shrugged.

"Charity."

Atticus' face went blank before he turned to let his head thump against the wall.

"Dear God, I'm going to have a stroke," he muttered wearily, "I'm going to have a stroke at ten years old."

"Jesus Fucking Christ..." Virgil muttered tiredly, pinching the bridge of his nose. I couldn't help but agree.

"Anti!" I shouted, bringing their bickering to a halt, "Where. Is. Felix?"

"Oh, Pewds? He's fine, probably. Should be here any second now if he hasn't fainted," Anti said casually. I was about to blow a gasket when a light whirring sound followed by a crash and a yelp came from just around the corner.

"Skit oska!!"

"Told ya," Anti smirked. I shot him a nasty glare as I rushed over to help Felix, who had apparently crashed a stolen bike right around the alleyway.

"Goodness gracious me! What happened to you?" Exclaimed Virgo as she followed suit and took Felix's other arm, bringing him over to sit against the wall.

"This gigantic fucking bag of dicks left me in the dust, that's what!" Felix shouted, pointing an accusing finger at Anti, "I had to jack a bike to catch up!!"

"You needed the exercise anyway," Anti said dismissively.

"Whatever, you fuckin' pea pod."

He fell silent as he scanned his surroundings, blinking in confusion.

"Uh... What did I mi-"

"Felix, I swear to God if you finish that sentence I will flay you on an altar of salt and rubbing alchohol," I said stonily. Felix snapped his mouth shut as Virgo patted him on the shoulder.

"You kind of missed a lot."

Oh, I forgot; kudos to my bro Wraythskitzofrenik for the altar of salt and rubbing alcohol quip. 😂