Paranormals

1) Djinn

A Type of paranormal who takes advantage of the deep desires of humans and elves, demanding a sacrifice in return for their services. The Djinn chooses what must be sacrificed, using the energy to grant the human's wish and consuming the excess for sustenance. Examples of sacrifices include body parts, memories, objects of emotional significance, and even years off of the victim's life.

They exist in a parallel dimension of their own making and have the ability - and the desire - to enter our world and interact with us. Like human beings, the Djinn can be good, evil, or neutrally benevolent.

Djinn's limitations:

1) The Djinn's power is limited only by what the victim is willing to sacrifice.

2) no mixing sacrifices.

3) once a wish has begun to be granted, the Djinn cannot stop the flow of magic until the process is complete.

4) the larger the sacrifice, the more difficult the magic is to. Control. This is especially true when it comes to time; one year off a human's life at a time is all most Djinn's are willing to risk.

Oddly enough, most modern day Djinn have a strange fascination for gothic culture.

Known specimens: Virgil and Violet Sanders

2) Demons

A malevolent race of paranormal that feeds on emotions, blood, and flesh. Their diet is mostly human based, as this is the most potent and easily accessible meal available. However, they are the only species of paranormal that can feed off of other dark creatures, and are thus the most feared of all of their kind. Unless disposed of by another Demon, they are otherwise immortal. Their creation is a mystery.

Demons have evolved to feel little to no emotion, and thus have no capacity for compassion or empathy. On their own, they are apathetic at best. However, if mated with a Druid, they have been known to become somewhat subdued.

Known specimens: Dark, Fell iikh, and Antioch