"A–Ariel wait! O–okay I admit I did do this to get revenge on Larson but Tobias really is my friend and I felt guilty for putting him in the middle of this and also using you, so I did my own research, o–okay and I–I found a similar case to this one just one town over. I thought maybe they're connected, you know?"

          Ariel shoved her against the locker once again, this time with a lot more force than previously in hopes that it shook every nerve in Lewis' body. She groaned in pain, her fingers barely grasping Ariel's hand which was pressed against her chest firmly, "you think that makes this any better? You just admitted to further wasting my time. You took away my ability to find a real lead myself, to prove that Tobias was framed and you think I'm supposed to forgive you now that I know you were somewhat sincere? Lewis, bury yourself before you force me to."

          She couldn't admit out loud that this had piqued her interest, but for now, she couldn't decide whether or not to trust Lewis again. She disappeared in the mass of bodies before Lewis could get another sentence out, leaving her slumped against the wall, hopelessly crying as the truth finally came tumbling down onto her shoulders.

Past

"Ooh, la, la. Is that your man?" Adele wiggled her brows mischievously as Ariel slipped on her sneakers. Outside, parked on the curb was Tobias patiently waiting for Ariel's arrival. He informed her that the place they were attending was simple so that she needed to dress casually. For the first time, Ariel had abandoned her signature red and decided on wearing a pair of blue jeans, a white fisher cat baseball jersey and simple flat sneakers.

"Who's that outside? I know that's not Larson's truck." Adele asked as she poked her head out of the window. "A mustang huh? Mommy and daddy must be rich." Ignoring her sister, Ariel unlocked the front door and slipped out, shivering as the early winter and late fall breeze swept across her face. "See you later! Don't get boned." Adele sang as Ariel descended the stairs.

At the sight of Ariel approaching, Tobias slipped out of the car, one hand resting at the top, the other subtly touching his quivering lips. "Wow," he couldn't help the smile that crawled onto his face as Ariel finally stood before him. He tugged her into his arms, hugging her tightly, "baseball jersey huh? I didn't tell you to wear that. But considering what today's plans are, it's fitting. Are you reading my mind, little mermaid?" He teased.

          "No, but enjoy the sight because I have not a speck of red on me. This is rare, you should take a photo quickly." Tobias chuckled as he pulled away from her arms, his fingers tangling within her silky straight hair, "you do have red on you. Like your hair for example," he paused as he tore his gaze away from her head, "and," he closed the remaining space between them as his fingers curled around her chin, tipping it up so that her head narrowed towards his, "your lips." Ariel giggled, barely getting a second to respond before Tobias kissed her softly.

She wanted to fight against it but ultimately lost as her body betrayed her mind. When one falls, they fall hard, hard enough that when it's time to get up they come to realize that the fall had crippled them and only with intensive care would they ever be able to walk again. In this case, Ariel was beginning to fall. Only, she would never be able to walk, at least not on her terms. "I feel like you've been waiting to do that all week." She said when they finally broke apart. Tobias threw his hands up in the air, smirking, "guilty."

.

"An indoor baseball facility!?" He slipped his hand into hers and tugged her further into the building. "Wasn't my idea," he muttered under his breath in annoyance. "So this is the non-date you were referring to?" She asked as he led her towards one of the vacant rooms. "It is, it's not a date." He winked as he unlocked the door behind him, slipping inside. Behind them stood a tall metal fence separating them from the small makeshift baseball field.