"We are here," Stiles said as they pulled up to a ginormous building. It looked rusted and dark. It looked like something out of a horror film. It was a stand-alone building with no other building for at least several miles away. Not too far from the town but far enough that whoever decides to live here wouldn't be bothered by strangers. Definitely perfect for someone like Derek Hale.

"Who used to own this place?" Bucky asked as he spoke for the first time.

"An old friend of mine who happens to love his privacy," Stiles answered as he and the rest of them got out of the car.

"I hear Scott's heartbeat and Derek's too. I wonder what he's doing here," Jackson wondered and the rest of them too. They thought Derek wouldn't be here.

"I guess you are going to meet sour wolf in the flesh and you to Sam. I don't think you saw him that last time," Stiles said as he looked over to Sam.

"No, I think you said something about him being in South America with his sister," Sam replies back to Stiles.

Isaac nudges Sam with a smirk and says, "Derek has soft spot for Stiles no matter how much he denies it."

"He really does," Jackson agrees while Steve and Stiles chuckle.

"What can I say, I was stubborn enough to get him to open up. After everything that man has gone through he deserved a friend," Stiles answers and they all hummed in agreement beside Bucky and Sam. They haven't even met the man so they couldn't give their opinion.

"You'll get along with sourwolf, Bucky," Stiles says as he taps Bucky's shoulder before finally heading inside.

They take the elevator to the loft to see Scott and Derek waiting for them. Scott immediately went in for a hug while Derek kept his distance.

"Hey, buddy. It's been a while," Stiles says as he embraces Scott.

Scott just chuckles and says, "Yeah and in that time you have decided to get yourself in a lot of trouble. You are lucky Lydia isn't here to beat you with a designer shoe or handbag."

"Last I heard she was in Greece so I guess timing worked out perfectly," Stiles jokes as he lets go of Scott.

Scott went to greet Jackson, Isaac, and Sam with a hug until he got to Bucky. He gave him a small smile and spoke, "I know that some people who go through PTSD don't necessarily like to have intimate contact so about a handshake." Scott stuck out his hand and Bucky hesitantly shook it before bringing it back to his hoodie pocket. Bucky greatly appreciated the gesture as he could barely let his son or Steve do it either and he was slightly panicking when he thought Scott might go in for the hug. He had no idea if he would have let it happen or not.

"Sourwolf! Long time no see," Stiles exclaims as he hugs Derek and the older man just lets it happen. He learned a long time ago that Stiles would never let go of that name and, to be honest, it grew on him. But he'll never admit it out loud. He couldn't give Stiles more of the satisfaction of knowing that Derek does care for him, quirks and all.

"Hello, Stilinski, long time no see indeed," Derek says as he gives Stiles a tap on the shoulders before Stiles let go.

Derek greets the rest of them and just nods at Bucky in acknowledgment. He saw how Bucky looked uncomfortable with even the handshake so he thought a nod would be better. It looked like Bucky appreciated that even more.

"Hey, Steve?"

"Yes, Derek?" Steve looked at Derek.

"How do you put up with Stiles?" Derek asked teasingly and Steve just smiles.

"Sex. Sex is how he puts up with me," Stiles answered bluntly and Scott nudges him as he tried to suppress his laughter. Steve just blushed in embarrassment as Derek gave Stiles a glare but Stiles could see the smile that he was trying to force away. Sam was laughing out loud and Isaac and Jackson found it amusing until they thought about it and had a sour expression. Bucky just looked uncomfortable, not knowing what to say to that.

"Mostly," Steve answered when he finally stopped blushing in embarrassment and his cool demeanor came back.

"Luckily I'm leaving tomorrow but either way, all rooms are soundproof," Derek informed them.

"Why are you leaving?" Stiles asked curiously.

"I was just staying here for a day to check-in and I was going to head on my way," Derek answered and Stiles just took the answer. On this rare occasion, he wasn't going to pry for a detailed explanation. He was too exhausted for it.

"Stiles, your dad told me he wanted all of you to come over for dinner and yes he meant all of you. Including Bucky. Also, Derek, you are going to," Scott informed them and then looked to Derek.

"Why?" Derek asked as he crossed his arms.

"Because you are here as a way to check upon us. This means you'll have dinner with us," Scott reasoned and Derek wasn't going to argue. Also, who would pass on free food?

"You all look tired. I suggest you all nap before dinner. It's at six and doesn't be late. I have to go back to the clinic," Scott said as he bid his goodbyes and left.

"One floor down is where you guys can sleep," Derek informed them.

"You heard' em. Let's get some shut-eye. It's going to be a long night," Stiles said and they head back to the elevator. Finding their own separate rooms to sleep in.