16

A BIG DISTRACTION WAS CAUSED BY A SINGLE MAN BY THE NAME OF JORGE. Ava Paige and Teresa escaped towards a big aircraft meanwhile the group tried to fight off the guards. A grenade exploded after "Run! Get down!" was shouted by Thomas. The grenade did much damage as it almost got Thea who was by now laying down on the ground with her hands covering her ears to drown out the noise.

Thea got up again and frantically looked around for her maze friends who she couldn't spot. But what she could see was Janson laying near Thomas holding his arm. Then she spotted Harriet and Clara who were shooting guards near them. Thea ran towards them and joined by their side as they continued their actions.

"Vince go!" boomed Harriet towards the heart broken man who started to run as if his life depended on it. At this point Thea had already picked up a weapon from the ground and tried to shoot guards who were trying to come closer to them. Vince stepped on the truck which stood beside them and shot around like a maniac.

"I need to help them!" stated Thea towards her best friends. "What?" Clara tried to grab her friend who made a run for it. "Thea!" she yelled. Harriet also tried to grab her friend but it was useless, Thea ran through the battle ground to help her other friends who she thanked for her life. She arrived just in time to be grabbed by Newt who pulled her with him. "Get out of here!" Newt raised his voice.

He pulled her behind a box, "Get down!" Thea could see how Minho got electrocuted and dropped down. She raised her gun and shot at the guards who she sadly missed. Out of the corner of her eye she saw how Thomas tried to run towards his friend but fell back in the last moment. Then he made another run for it. "Minho!"

"Come back!" Frypan tried to grab his friend but it didn't work. The group ran after Thomas in hopes of stopping him as they held him back. Thea shot at a guard who came closer and managed to injure him but he also almost hit her. "Thea!" shouted Newt and pulled her towards him as he pulled her back after he saw how she almost got hit. He couldn't risk losing her too.

Her surroundings were drowned out as she saw a glimpse of Aris and Sonya who were trying to escape. The two of them were struggling against the guards. The blond girl struggled against the grip of the boy and broke free as she tried to run towards two of her friends. "Thea!" Newt grabbed her again and was not planning on letting her go this time.

"Let me go!" she shouted as she wriggled in his grip. "Come on!" he grabbed her hand and pulled her with him. "No!" she cried out as the door closed ending the view she had on her friends. They were gone. Tears blurred her vision as the two of them suddenly stopped. Thea could see bright lights that flew away, an aircraft.

The boy pulled her into a tight hug like he did once before. His cheek was on the top of her head as he tried to calm her down. In his own eyes were slight tears as he whispered to her, "It's okay Thea." The two of them remained in that position for quite sometimes. Thea just let her emotions flow, she felt like with him she didn't need to hide her emotions. She felt safe with him.