07

THEA WOKE UP WITH HER HEAD LAYING NEAR NEWTS. It left her confused about why her head was laying there. Then, she realised why. athe memories came in a blur, but she could remember how her head fell onto his shoulder. A light blush creeped upon her pale cheeks as she realised what happened. Her heart ached a bit, it was thumping constantly against her chest.

"Hey, hey! Get out of here!" Thomas trashed around, trying to get the crow to fly away. He woke up mere seconds after Thea, or at least she hoped that he did. Thomas managed to wake all the others up, good job. Thea sat up slowly and let out a groan, it was still too early. Her cheeks were still burning up quite a bit, which she hoped no one would notice.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see how Thomas stood up and looked around for a bit. "Are they gone?" interrogated Newt as he also sat up. "Yeah, i think we're safe for now." replied Thomas. "Okay, we should get moving. Let's pack it up. Aris come on. Fry, Winston. Let's go." Thomas decided it would be a good idea to start moving now.

Winston - who tried to get up - started groaning in pain. His injuries took a toll on him. "Hey man. You okay?" asked Frypan soothingly as he held his hand for Winston to take. Thea knew he wasn't okay, the day before was brutal, especially for him. It saddened her to see someone who she considered a friend getting hurt.

The blond girl stood up and walked towards her fellow glenner. "Are you alright Thea?" he inquired as he looked at Thea. A look of concern flashed upon his face. "Yeah, i'm fine you stick." she chuckled quietly while letting a smile graze her lips. "Okay, if there is anything. Tell me." ordered Aris, he cared for his friend a lot.

She turned to him, "Thank you Aris." even if she was sad, she wasn't too keen on showing her emotions now. Winston should be the priority now, not her. Both of them followed the rest of the group as they marched up the little hill. Now, they came face to face with sunlight. The view was beautiful. Many high buildings were piled near one another.

The buildings were old looking and broken, it looked like nobody had been there for ages. And then there was sand, much sand. Street lamps were laying on the ground, some still stood. Rubble and concrete were laying upon the buildings as they were covered in sand. It gave Thea a sad vibe, it looked so lost.

The group made their way through the streets of the quiet city. Thea could imagine how people once lived there, how it was filled with life once. She could remember the projections they had seen after they had escaped the maze. All these images showing fire and death. How the world was slowly teared into pieces. People died, the flare spread. WICKED was the hope.

She felt like she trusted them at one point, they seemed so trustworthy once, but they weren't. All they did was put teenagers through some kind of torture. Sometimes Thea wondered how her life would have been without being put into the maze. Would she be happier? It was not something she should focus on now, maybe one day she could be perfectly happy.