Chapter 8: Arc 1- "Battlefield"

A week has passed by since Dimitri left and I started my journey towards the library. Yes, it's quite long considering that Aion said that it was only 5 kilometers away. But the problem was, the road to get there is dangerous. There are a lot of enemy soldiers and fighting that I need to dodge and hide for. Then the addition of the heavy luggage that I was carrying and the weather seems to hate me for it would rain even though it was sunny a little while ago. So yeah. I become a bit grumpy...okay super grumpy. I just wanted to go to the library and make a shelter for the children! Is it too much to ask for? What's up with this obstacles?! Really...I just want to cry but have no tears to shed.

[We've arrived Aries.]

As soon as Aion said that, I looked up and see the most beautiful and biggest library I've ever seen in my whole life. I feel like I've went to heaven well more like the heaven of all book lovers. Just imagine the rows of books piled in there that are begging for me to read! Wait. Oh no...what if the soldiers ransacked this place and the books...oh no no no...my babies!!

(A/N: Apologies for cutting in the story. The picture above is how the library looks like however there are trees on the side and some flower pots too. I couldn't find something that really fits my imagination so I chose the closest one. By the way, totally not mine. Just found it while searching through the web. Now continue with the story.)

I run up the stairs towards the door and find it lock. That's a good sign right? Skimming through Anthea's memories, which Aion gave me earlier in order to fully understand the place, I finally discovered where they hid the key. It is hidden behind a slab of stone on the wall beside the door. I grab it and finally open the door and went inside before locking it again. The place just really bring tears in my eyes. It was so beautiful. And thankfully it was untouched.

Seeing the rows upon rows of books both on the lower and upper floor

Seeing the rows upon rows of books both on the lower and upper floor. It is just too beautiful!

[Aries?]

I snap out from my daydreaming by Aion's call. Opening the communication, I answered him.

{Yes, Aion?}

[You should start looking around and see if there's something amiss here. Or if there are other people here.]

{Oh...yeah. Hehehe...I forgot.}

With that I started to roam around the library. And I found multiple rooms. Though I kind of knew that there are a lot of rooms here through Anthea's memories but it is different to really see it personally. There's even a room with a grand piano with a chandelier! What library have that?! Not back in my world. There's even a fireplace on the side of the window. Wow. This is so beautiful. I don't know how to play the piano but I want to learn though. Maybe I should add that to my to do list.

 Maybe I should add that to my to do list