Chapter 17-"Back to the space+Special Chapter"

I open my eyes and notice that I am back being a spirit. Inhaling deeply before releasing it, I take my time to relax and process everything that had happened. First off, Anthea died. Well wait, the first thing was Gary betrayed us. He took me to the enemy's base. Then there was that nasty and scary General. A lot of things happened before Anthea's body gave in. I died. Again.

Then there are my missions. The first one, I've completed as well as the second one. The third, however, I failed cause I died before reaching the age of 25 years old.

[Are you okay, Aries?]

"Yeah...just...I don't know. Confuse maybe?" I answered back. "Aion, why did Gary betrayed us?"

[He didn't have a choice, Aries. I think you will understand it better when I show you his memory. Do take note that this is in his point of view.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Special chapter: Gary's P.O.V.*

As long as I could remember, I've long known that my family isn't the same as the others. The years when the children should've been playing around and innocent, I learned to read and write. Loyalty to the crown is the number one priority. The reality of everything, corruption, blood, prostitution, and all the dirtiness, they showed it to us so that we would learn and get used to all the darkness of life.

Torture is an every night activity to make our body resilient to pain. Gashes and wounds of all sizes littered all over our small bodies. Sometimes we would have a broken bone or two. The death tall is also quite high. Twice a day, there would be 2 to 3 children collapsing. Each month, 3-5 children died.

Acting is also a part of our daily practices. We must always smile even though we are hurting. They would do all sorts of things and made us pretend that we are okay.

They did a lot of things, making sure that they make us a perfect puppet of the crown.

And I was the best among all of us. I had to because my parents are the head of the family. I am their only successor. So my training even began earlier than the rest. It is also the harshest. They made sure they mold me as the best among everyone else.

My first kill was when I was ten years old. They sent me to my very first mission. That is to kill the leader of the rebellion army. I managed to sneak in without alerting anybody. The feeling of the warm blood on my hand and the sound of his bones breaking. And the moment when the light is eyes are fading, I saw it.

I remembered everything, as well as the moment when I came back and reported. I know I should've been proud. For the first time in my whole ten years of existence, my parents finally smiled at me. Patting my head while saying I did a good job. Everyone failed while I was the only one who passed. Of course, they would feel happy.

However, I only felt sick. When I was alone inside my room, I dashed straight to my bathroom and washed my body. I stripped off of my clothes, throwing them away. I rubbed every inch of my body until they're red. But I still didn't stop. I continued rubbing until I was bleeding.

I still felt dirty. Soon after I vomited, my whole body was trembling. The feeling of killing someone is so horrible. I don't want to do this.

Please. Someone help me. I don't want to do this anymore.

However, no one listened to my wish. I continued with my harsh training and doing mission every 15th and the 30th of each month. Success is my only salvation. For every assignment completed, I get to have a day or two to myself. No training.