Chapter 15: Arc 1-"Battlefield"

(A/N: Please be advised that this chapter...well all of my stories are unedited. There will be wrong spelling and grammar and some other stuffs. I apologize. And I'm sorry for the late update. But hey...I'm here (^__^)V

Thank you so much for everyone who commented. Reading your comments is so fun and I do reply if I have time or something. hehehehe Sometimes I do get ideas from your comments so I greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for giving my story a chance. (^.^)

Word count: I don't know hahahaha I just typed xD But I don't think that it reaches 2000 words. I'm sorry.

Here's the chapter and sorry if it seems a bit rush? I dunno...

The picture isn't mine as well.

Anyway enjoy!

_JangMi_)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has already been a few hours since we left the base. Gary and I are in charge of the western direction. These past few hours we have been to multiple houses and buildings, some have useful things. We managed to find some unopened food cans, salvageable blankets, and other things that were on the list.

This experience gives me a new perspective on Gary. Usually, he's lazy, loves sleeping and doesn't talk much but now he's the one leading our pair. I think Gary is a natural-born leader. His movements seem so natural that it is like he has been doing it for years.

Out of nowhere, Gary grabs me and pulls me back. Because of the suddenness of the action, I stumble and fall flat on his chest. Without missing a beat, he hide us behind a half wall and then he covers my mouth with his hand before whispering.

"Sshhh...someone's here."

Immediately my body tensed and I try to listen to any noise.

{Aion? Can you see how many enemy soldiers are there?}

[...]

{Aion?}

I am suddenly confused because Aion would tell me right away if he knows that there are any enemy soldiers but now.

[There are no enemy soldiers.]

{Eh? But Gary said that someone's here. If not an enemy soldier, then perhaps a civilian or one of our comrades?}

[...sigh...]

{Aion? What's wrong?}

[You don't have any idea?]

{No. What do you mean?}

[Wait and see.]