"It's really that bad?" Draco asked, treading lightly.

Draco knew that there was only one thing that made Hadrian Potter vulnerable and that was his family. Draco didn't know much about Hadrian's family as he never mentioned them and even if he did it was always vague. Hadrian looked at Draco for a moment, assessing his intrigue. Draco looked simply curious, there was no judgement in his face, just friendship.

"They don't give a fuck, Draco," Hadrian swallowed and cleared his throat.

"They never cared..." Draco replied, nodding in understanding.

"It's all changed now," Hadrian gritted his teeth, frustration building.

"I'm watched by everyone, they can't help themselves. I'm the next Dark Lord, didn't you know?" Hadrian sneered continuing, his face creating shadows.

"We both know that the light hate what they don't understand and destroy what they hate," Draco iterated, his face slightly pinched.

Hadrian rose a brow, yes, he knew that. The light in all their glory disliked those who challenges their beliefs.

"Your parents?" Draco asked his best friend.

"I haven't seen them in 2 years," Hadrian tsked, his lip pulling in a sordid smirk.

"Fuck. So why now? Why do they want you to come home?" Draco asked, brows furrowed.

Hadrian blinked a couple of times, focusing his mind. Turning to Draco he grimaced, his green eyes sparked and his strong tanned hands clenched into a fist.

"Dumbledore," Hadrian spoke with icy displeasure.
..

Draco and Hadrian finally made their way off the train, walking down the long corridor, passing by each compartment. When reaching the Gryffindor part of the train, they received some lingering looks, however these faded quickly once they realised it was Hadrian. Their fear took precedence over their hatred. Hadrian didn't care, they were nobodies - they would fold in a second.

Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy stood at the back of the station, against the red brick wall, waiting for their son to get off the train. Lucius Malfoy as always looked regal, especially in a black Vaspean Cloak. The dragon cane that he held in right hand only intensified the look, it would be intimidating if Hadrian was not, well Hadrian. Narcissa Malfoy was also regal, but much softer with a delicacy that only women seem to achieve.

Ever year, just like this one, Hadrian and Draco would get off the train and greet Mr and Mrs Malfoy. Hadrian wasn't one for family reunions, however this was one he got used to easily. Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy were the closest thing Hadrian had to actual parents.

"Draco darling!" Narcissa spoke softly.

The forty year old woman stepped forward and hugged her son. She closed her warm brown eyes, taking a deep breath before releasing him. Draco use to be embarrassed by his mother's affection, especially in front of his friends. No teenage boy liked his mother's smothering, however he had quickly learnt to appreciate his parents love. Friendship with Hadrian had taught him many things - one was to not take anything for granted. Draco knew Hadrian Potter better than anyone, he had been his first friend. So Draco knew that ever since first year, Hadrian had secretly looked to see if his parents had come to pick him up from Platform 9 3/4. Draco had never met Hadrian's parents, as they had never shown.

Hadrian remembered after his first and second year's at Hogwarts his parents had sent James's assistant, Rilius, to collect him from the station. Rilius was a kind man with an ageing face, he always gave off the impression he was hiding something - Hadrian had suspected that he was previously employed as an unspeakable. Nevertheless, Hadrian liked the man, when he was younger he had actually considered him something of an uncle. Despite this, somewhere deep down Hadrian had wished to see his parents, just once. Draco knew this, therefore now standing taller than his mother, he returned her tight hug.