15

THEA COULD SEE THE RAT MANS' FACE. Janson stood near her as she sent him hateful glares. She hoped that she would never see him again but fate sadly brought them together. The girl had to restrain herself to not open her mouth and insult him. "Where's Thomas?" questioned the rat man as he looked around.

"Right here." spoke Thomas as he turned himself in. What was he doing? Thea really wondered what was wrong with him, she knew that he doesn't like to leave anybody behind but really? That boy should think about himself for one time. Thomas got pushed towards where Thea, Newt and Minho kneeled down.

"Thomas." said Janson before he punched him in the stomach. "Get him in line." Thomas got pushed down besides Minho, "Why didn't you run?" asked the latter after Janson left. "I'm tired of running." the brunette boy sounded very serious as he answered Minho's question. It was quiet again, the fire was raging.

The silence was disturbed by the sound of aircrafts coming closer. A big ship came closer and flew down. One of its doors opened revealing guards and Ava Paige. They walked towards Janson, "Is this all of them?" questioned Doctor Paige in a strict tone. "Most of them. It'll be enough." it seemed like Janson had to add the last sentence to avoid Doctor Paige's displeasure.

"Start loading them in." ordered Doctor Paige as she moved away from Janson who just replied, "Yes ma'am. Okay let's go! You heard!" One after one people were taken away and loaded in like they were some kind of objects. "Hey!" Thomas held up the whole process by shouting just one word. He got heaved up by a guard and pushed towards Doctor Paige.

"Hello, Thomas." she spoke as she looked at him. Her red lips were set in a monotone way. The process of loading in the people continued as Teresa joined Doctor Paige's side. "I'm glad you're safe." declared Doctor Paige. "What the hell? Teresa?" quizzed Frapan as he saw Teresa.

Frypan spoke Thea's thoughts. What was going on? "What- what? Teresa?" cried Thea out as she saw someone who she considered her friend standing besides someone who she considered an enemy. "Wait, what's going on?" questioned Newt. "She's with them." responded Thomas coldly. A look of betrayal flashed in his eyes as he looked at the girl.

Thea just looked at Teresa with sadness evident in her eyes. The blond really thought that the black haired girl was an alright person but now... she wasn't too sure. She just wondered why Teresa would do that? "Since when?" demanded Minho as he glanced from Teresa to Thomas. "Oh, Teresa's always had an evolved appreciation of the greater good. Once we restored her memories, it was only a matter of time."

Janson's explanation made Thea's face go pale. So Teresa had her memories back, so was her kindness towards the blond girl? Was it fake or was it real? Many questions arose in Thea's mind and all were gonna be left unanswered. Sadness was etched on Thea's face as she locked eyes with the blue eyed girl who showed sadness in her eyes.

Was she sorry? "I'm sorry. I had no choice. This is the only way. We have to find a cure." Teresa tried to explain herself. "She's right. This is all just a means to an end. You used to understand that, Thomas. No matter what you think of me... I am not a monster. I'm a doctor. I swore an oath to find a cure! No matter the cost. I just need more time."

"More blood." spoke a voice from the crowd, it was Mary. "Hello, Mary." Doctor Paige's voice got colder after her speech. "I hoped we'd meet again. I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances." "I'm sorry about a lot of things, too." commented Mary the strawberry blonds' declaration. "But not this. At least my conscience is clear."

"So is mine." Doctor Paige's last words were spoken before they heard a gun shot. Mary's brown eyes widened in shock as she looked down to her stomach on which blood was spreading. "Mary? Mary? Mary!" Vince's voice shattered as he spoke. The addressed woman held her hands on her stomach. Vince yelled out her name as she dropped onto her knees. He tried to calm her down by holding her lightly which didn't really work.

The rat man was the one who shot the bullet. Thea looked at him with hatred in her eyes as he still had his gun pointed at Mary. "Mary? No!" cried Vince out as he sank onto his knees. The blond girl could her his voice shattering and cracking constantly. Sadness flashed through his eyes as he shouted. "Come on, Janson." spoke the strawberry blond before she turned around. "Load them up. Let's go. All these people. Get rid of them."

The doctors' words were harshly spoken as she turned her back to the group. "Sonya! Aris!" yelled Harriet gaining the attention of Thea who looked to the side to see her best friends being pushed away. A man tried to push Thomas but the brunette boy elbowed him in the stomach making the former crouch down in pain.

"Stand back! Stand back!" hollered Thomas as he held something in his hands, some kind of granade. "Everyone, hold your fire!" ordered Janson as he neared Thomas. The former realised what kind of damage the boy could do by pressing just one button. "Stand back, let 'em go." ordered the boy. "Thomas, put it down." Janson tried to calm him down.

"Let 'em all go!" Thomas' voice was strained as he boomed. "You know I can't do that." argued Doctor Paige as she stepped besides Janson. "Thomas, please stop." Teresa tried to involve herself in the conversation. "I made a deal with them. They promised we'd be safe. All of us." she tried to convince him.

"And I'm supposed to trust you now?" commented Thomas as he tried to point out his argument. He was right, what kind of reason did they have to trust her now? "It's true. It was her only condition." agreed Doctor Paige in hopes of supporting Teresa's statement. "Shut up!" boomed Thomas who was fed up with it now.

"Everything can go back to the way it was. Thomas... do you really want all of them to die?" Doctor Paige was trying to guilt trip Thomas, it was something Thea saw through immediatly. "Listen to her, Thomas. Think about what you're doing." Janson's voice alone made Thea's blood boil. Doubt flashed in her eyes as she thought about her idea, should she do it?

Thea slowly moved towards Thomas and stood by his side. "I'd rather stand by someone who I support and die for it then stand there and watch someone who I support risking their life. I haven't known Thomas for long but I know that he makes many right decision, even if not all of his decisions are right. I know that this one is right." stated Thea as she glanced at Thomas who also glanced at her.

Minho also moved towards Thomas and stood by him. Frypan and Newt followed resulting in all of them being huddled up in a group. "We're with you, Thomas." declared Newt as he stood by his friend. None of them realised how Teresa's heart shattered right there, how guilty she felt of betraying her friends like that. Thea glanced at the black haired girl and coul see the heart break in her eyes. Did she regret it?

"Don't." Doctor Paige spoke as she moved forwards. "Do it, Thomas." encouraged Minho whose encouragement was followed by Frypans; "We're ready." "We're not going back there." declared Thomas with pure rage in his eyes. "It's the only way." Thea was ready for it, she was ready for what was going to happen.

She felt like she betrayed her own friends by letting herself getting blown up, but she had to do it. It would be better than being captured and being send back into the maze or to one of the facilities. Now Thea had the chance to cause a distraction so maybe her friends could escape. Tears brimmed in her eyes as realisation hit her, this was the end of her adventure. Her eyes closed tightly as her lips pressed together. She felt like her end was coming but the sound of a car honk disturbed the moment.

Her eyes flew open as she looked for the source which she found rather quickly. A car was racing towards them in high speed. It drove right through the massive crowd of guards who tried to shoot the driver of the vehicle. It was Jorge who als rammed a helicopter which stood in his way. The man drove like it was his last day and Thea was glad about it.

-----

I'm really dragging it into many chapters aren't I? Sorry but I am trying to show all of the emotions and details, so sorry for that. Jorge saved the day luckily. What is your opinion on Teresa?