Chapter 5 (part 1) : Have To Tell Her!

Chapter 5 : Have To Tell Her!

<><><><><>

"I don't know what they are called, the spaces between seconds- but I think of you always in those intervals."

― Salvador Plascencia, The People of Paper

<><><><><>

Chapter 5 (part 1) - Have To Tell Her!

Ryan's POV

I have to tell her today!

That smile, those eyes, the way she bites her lip when she's nervous, the frown on her head when she's thinking hard.... God, I can't just take them off my mind.

I mean it's now been a habit. Just thinking about her and the funny part... 'Me- the confident player' becomes a nervous puppy in front of her. I mean, I could flirt and use my charm on any girl, even my best friend's ex, but when it comes to her my confidence just decides to run down the hill.

I have never ever thought once before speaking but when it comes to her, I measure every word. God, what the f- has happened to me!

"Earth to Ryan." Kyle's voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

"Stop thinking about her man. Just go and tell her." Ian nudges.

These two, my so-called best friends haven't stop bugging me since I spilled the beans to them a few days ago in the lockers. But we didn't know someone else decided to eavesdrop and spread the rumors about Ryan's Dream Girl but luckily they didn't know the name that I told these two idiots later on while we - I - was too drunk. (Well, I thought they were too, and they'll forget about it - but sadly NOT). And since those rumors, almost all the brunettes in our school are roaming around me. Well, except for one.

"Hey! I wasn't thinking about her or anyone for that matter." I lie.

"Oh yeah! You had that dreamy face and you only get that when you're thinking about her. So, shut up and be a man and tell her." Kyle scolds pushing me towards the bar.

"Well how can I tell her when you just told me to shut up?" I argue back.

"Oh! You two fight and meanwhile I'll go and greet my lovely guests. She even brought a hot friend." Ian winks and goes off in her direction.

"Learn something from him," Kyle says, pointing a finger in Ian's direction, "While you're learning, I'll go work up charm on those chicks. I would have called you to tag along but we all know you've lost yours."

"Oh, shut up! You and I both know you want them all for yourself." I answer back.

Giving me a smirk, he's off too. Leaving me at the end of the bar to watch Ian make Rox and her friend laugh.

And yes!

My dream girl: Roxanne Adams.

When I first saw her, my girlfriend (or toy at that time) was harassing her about cheering or something. And I just had to take Rox's side. And from that moment I just knew she was different. We are friends, but I want to be more. Its just that she goes for the safe- prince-charming types. I'll never admit out loud, but she deserves someone like Tyler. And God, was I jealous. I had never been jealous of a guy before. Usually she used to date people for a month or so, but Tyler, they were the 'best-friends turned into more' couple. Whenever I used to see them holding hands or kissing, even on the cheek, my jealous side would surface, and instead of going and separating them, I used to just grab the girl by my side and kiss the daylights out of her, just to take Rox off my mind. After they dated for 4 months I lost hope that I'd ever get a chance.