Chapter 13

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOT AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER. PLEASE AND THANKS.

Chapter 13 : First Date pt. 2

***Demetri's POV***

I looked up at my mate coming down the stars looking stunning as ever. I stood when she was standing directly in front of me.

"You look gorgeous, Nay." I mentally scolded myself when I saw the hesitation in her eyes. "I'm so sor--" She put her hand up as a signal for me to stop talking.

"It's okay, Metri." She said smiling. I knew she meant it because that smile she has graced me with, showed in her eyes. Then she hugged me and I held her tight.

"I love you so much baby." I whispered hugging her tighter. Then I heard her gasp.

"Umm, babe? I may have the strength of a vampire but not much so right now you're killing me."

I quickly let her go and looked her over to make sure I didn't leave any bruises. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." I said frantically, pecking her lips between apologies. She only giggled at my panicked state.

"Metri, it's okay baby. I know you would never intentionally hurt me." She said still smiling.

I smiled, pecked her lips and grabbed her hand. "Let's go baby."

***Anaysia's POV**

I have to put a stop to this. I can't keep letting Demetri feel bad every time he calls me Nay. It doesn't bother me anymore, it just took me by surprise. But I'm over it and I'm done blaming myself for my father's death because I know it's what he would want.

Slightly turning in my seat I grabbed Demetri's hand. "Metri?"

He glanced at me but quickly put his attention back on the road. "Yes baby." He said with a gentle smile.

I hesitated, not wanting him to feel bad again but I had to let him know. "You don't have to feel bad about calling me Nay anymore. I know at first you felt that you had to watch what you said, but I don't want you to do that anymore." The whole time I was talking I just kept looking at our intertwined hands.

"Baby," He paused and I could hear the hesitation in his voice. Whatever it was he's trying to say, he doesn't want to hurt my feelings. He pulled the car over and turned to face me. Grabbing both my hands, he continued, "I am so sorry. I know that name reminded you of you're dad so I tried not to call you that. Sometimes it just slipped up and I'm-"

I cut him off for the second time that night.

"Metri, you have nothing to apologize for. I let it get to me because the only person to ever call me Nay was my father and that nickname just took me back to the night I lost him. I blamed myself for his death." I didn't realize I was crying until I saw a tear fall onto our entwined hands. I breathed deeply and continued. "But I am done blaming myself. I may have lost my father but I have you to help me through it."

He glanced at me and smiled sweetly before turning back to the road. "I love you, N-Anya?" I just had to laugh at his little slip up/cover up. He is so sweet and always putting me first. I never had this from a boyfriend so sometimes I don't know how to react.

"It's okay, Metri. You don't have to worry you can call me Nay. But since you're still being cautious about it how about we go with Naysia?" I said smiling.

"Okay, baby." He replied. He stopped at a stop light and kissed my cheek.

Then realization hit me. "But Anya tho?" I said with slight laughter in my voice. I mean I can understand Aysia, Naysia, and Nay but Anya? It was kind of funny.