Chapter 9

Chapter 9 : The Truth - Part 3

************

"His blood tastes weird." I looked back at Demetri and noticed something. There was no blood on his neck and he didn't have a wound there either.

I backed away from him. "What are you?"

He walked over and grabbed my hand. He said, "I'm a ..."

************

***Demetri's POV***

"I'm a werewolf." I told her. She looked at me with shock, confusion, but the emotion that was the clearest in her eyes was fear. I started to panic; I can't live if my mate rejects me.

'Okay, just relax. This is the same Demetri I fell in love with. I shouldn't be afraid of him.'

I heard her thinking to herself.

'She's afraid of me?' I thought, and that's when I really started to panic. 'She's gonna reject me.'

'I don't know if I can be with someone I'm afraid of. I've only ever heard bad things about werewolves.' I heard her thinking again.

I felt my heart tighten in my chest and I fell to the floor. I started coughing up blood and my ears were ringing.

"Nurse! Nurse!" I heard Anaysia and Rosemarie screaming. Seconds later I was being lifted onto the hospital bed, having all these machines attached to me. The last thing I saw before I blacked out was Anaysia's crying face.

**Two Hours Later**

I woke up feeling something in my hand. I looked over and saw Anaysia asleep in the chair beside the bed.

I squeezed her hand lightly and her gorgeous eyes fluttered open. We just looked at each other. Her face was full of worry.

"Don't reject me." I whispered. A part of me was hoping she didn't hear me. Unfortunately, she did.

"Why would I do that?" She asked while pushing some hair out of my face.

"You're afraid of me." I said looking away. I have never been ashamed of what I was until I met Anaysia. I was always afraid that she'd find out and leave me. I hope I'm wrong.

"Metri," She said using my nickname. I slowly looked at her. She smiled and continued. "How can I be afraid of you? Granted at first I was scared but coming back to my senses I know for a fact that you would never do anything to hurt me. I was just shocked that's all. I don't care what you are, as long as we're together I'm happy." She said then kissed me.

I looked at her and smiled. "I love you. And by the way, how are you up and moving without the nurses freaking out?"

She smiled back and said, "Well, the nurses forgot about me when you collapsed." Her smile faded a little after she said that. "My sister signed my release papers while you were sleep."

My eyes went wide. "You have a sister? Who?" Just as she was about to answer, the door opened. I looked up and saw Rosemarie. When I looked at her more closely, I realized that she did kind of look like Anaysia.

"Rosemarie is your sister?" I asked Anaysia.

"Yes." They both answered at the same time and laughed. Then Rose looked at me.

"How are you?" She asked me.

"I'm great now." I said smiling at Anaysia. She blushed.

"What happened exactly?" They said in unison once again. I just laughed at then and started to explain.

"Well, since I am a werewolf, I have a mate. A mate is someone we're supposed to be with for the rest of our lives. You're my mate Anaysia. That's why this happend. When I saw the fear in your eyes, I thought you were rejecting me. When a wolf is rejected by their mate, it's almost like the body will reject itself in a way." I explained. Then I looked directly at Anaysia. "But I need to know. Do you accept me?" I asked with worry clear in my voice.

It felt like forever before she answered, "I ..."

***Anaysia's POV***

"Do you accept me?" Demetri asked with fear in his voice.

"I accept you, Demetri." I said to him smiling.

Before he could say anything, a nurse came into the room. She checked all the machines and gasped.

"What!?" We all asked.

"Everything is clear. Your vitals are completely normal. It's as if nothing ever happened." She said.

Rosemarie and I looked at each other nervously. I looked over at Demetri and he looked as calm as ever.

'How can he be so calm about his.' I asked myself.

'This wouldn't be the first time I had to lie about my advanced healing.' My eyes widened when I heard Demetri's voice in my mind. I looked at him and he just smirked at me before looking at the nurse.

"Fast healer, I guess." Hell laughed it off like it was nothing.

The nurse looked at him unsure but let it go. "Okay, well, I guess I have no choice but to let you go." With that said, she walked out of the room only to return with some release forms. Demetri sat up, signed the papers and got off the bed completely.

"Well, I guess that's my cue." Rosemarie said turning to me. "I'll see you later, sis." She said laughing. I laughed too and hugged her.

"Bye." I called as she walked out the door.

Demetri came up behind me and said in my ear, "Let's go home."