32

After a very interesting school day, having learnt that Southside High is merging with Riverdale High. I take a detour home with Toni and duck into a clothing store. Of course Toni wants everything, but I only had one certain thing in mind. When I finally find it, I show Toni and she nearly starts crying again. I roll my eyes and we laugh, once we've finished. I rush back to the trailer.

"Sweets!" I call and he walks out of the bedroom, "I brought something today"

"Alright show me" he laughs at my excitement.

I dig into my jacket pocket and then lift the two baby onesie's up. One says 'I love Daddy' the other 'I love Mommy'. A huge smile forms on his face and he rushes to me, putting his lips on mine and kissing me hard. He then kneels down, putting his hands on my stomach.

"Hey baby" he speaks, "It's your favourite parent here"

I laugh, hitting his head softly with the onesies.

"Okay, Okay. You're equally favourite parent" he corrects, "And whether you're a boy or a girl. We are going to love you so so much. And you've got the best mom out there. She is beautiful, kind, smart, funny and selfless. The best mom ever"

"And you'll have the best Dad. Brave, strong, caring, handsome and supportive" I add, sliding my hands on to my stomach as Sweet Pea stands up.

"I love you, have a said that lately?" he grins.

"Maybe, but with this pregnancy brain I can't really remember" I giggle.

He smirks, grabbing hold of my cheeks and kissing my lips hard. I laugh as he lifts me up carefully, carrying me to our bedroom.

I wake up, rushing to the toilet and throwing up. Seconds later, I feel Sweet Pea grab my hair and hold it back. Once I've finished, I sigh tiredly, sitting back against the bathroom wall.

"You up for school today?" he asks kindly.

"Definitely, I'm not missing out on seeing the faces of the Northside assholes when we walk in" I chuckle.

"How'd I know you were gonna say that" he laughs, reaching for the face washer and wiping it across my face.

"Thank you" I smile, grabbing hold of his hand.

"Come on, let's get ready" he sighs, helping me up off the ground.

When we arrive at Riverdale High, I get off the back of Sweet Peas bike, him following me. Jughead walks towards us, the rest of the Serpents standing behind me.

"Ready Jones?" I grin.

"No fights alright? We don't wanna get kicked out" he scoffs.

"We'll try" Sweets chuckles behind em, him and Fangs clapping excitedly.

I pat Jugheads back and then me, Jughead and Sweets lead the Serpents into the school. As soon as we walk in, the Serpents all scoff and stare. Never have seen a clean school. With all of it's lights working, no graffiti or blood on the walls and kids wearing proper skirts and pastel colours. I lead the Derpents with Jug over to a 'welcoming table'.

"Friends!" Veronica Lodge smiles, "On behalf of the students and faculty here at Riverdale High, welcome to your new school! To ease this transition, I've set up a registration desk where you can get your locker assignments, class schedules, and a list of sports and extracurriculars. We encourage each and every one of you to drink deeply from the cup that is fair Riverdale"

"Stand down, Eva Peron!"

A red head leads a group of cheerleaders, the guy who I fought at Andrews' house standing with her. Reggie I think he's called.

"There's the school spirit I so fondly remember" Jughead scoffs.

"Cheryl. No one invited Fascist Barbie to the party" Lodge comments.

"Wrong, Veronica, no one invited Southside scum to our school. Listen up, Ragamuffins. I will not allow Riverdale High's above average GPA to suffer because of classrooms that are overcrowded with underachievers. So please, do us all a favor, and find some other school to debase with your hardscrabble ways"

"Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?" I threaten pissed, moving forward.

"Happily, Queen of the Buskers"

Jughead grabs hold of my arm, stopping me from moving forward.

"Okay Guys, everyone, can we just put our Northside-Southside differences apart and start over? A new slate? Mhm" Archie suggests.

"You don't speak for the Bulldogs, Andrews. And need I remind you, these greaser-snakes showed up at your place trying to kick your ass" Reggie declares.

"Happy to finish what was started" Sweets smirks, moving forward.

Reggie also steps forward. Jug is quick to grab Sweet Pea, Toni helping him. Andrews holds back Reggie but before anything can happen. The principal interrupts us.

"All right. That's enough pomp and circumstance. Everyone, let's get to class. Now" he demands.

Sweets remains firm and tall, but Jughead gives him a shove. I follow closest behind, glaring at Reggie and his red-head girlfriend Cheryl on my way past them.

Later in the school day, I sit between Sweet Pea and Fangs on a couch, in a student common room. Toni across from me sitting with Kevin Keller and Betty Cooper.

"I don't think we've properly met. Veronica Lodge" she introduces herself to Toni.

"Of the Park Avenue Lodges" Jug adds.

"Toni. Topaz"

"Oh, like the purple-colored gemstone. Love it"

The raven haired girl then turns to me, and forcibly puts on an awkward smile. I chuckle.

"You're the girl with the gun" I scoff.

"You're the girl with the fists" she nods, "Water under the bridge. Any friend of Jughead's is a friend on mine"

I look to Jughead, who gives me a pleading look. I groan, turning my attention back to Lodge.

"Casey" I nod, Lodge smiling happily.

"And I'm Josie McCoy. Formerly of the Pussycats, now just Josie. And this is Kevin" she points.

"What's your name?" Kevin asks Fangs.

"Fogarty. Or you can call me Fangs. Your last name's Keller, right?"

"How did you know that?"

"Joaquin and I used to hang out. He talked about you all the time"

"Seriously" I scoff agreeing, "Wouldn't shut up"

"You guys! Yes, you, come with me" the principal interrupts once again.

We all stand up and follow him out into the hallway. Where he now stands beside Reggie, above a graffiti drawn green snake on the floor.

"Now! Which of you defaced our school seal with this graffiti?"

"This is what they do, Principal Weatherbee. They tag their turf"

"You're asking for it Northsider" I hiss maddened.

"My God, Reggie, could you be anymore transparent?" Lodge argues.

"Effective immediately, no gang behavior of any kind will be tolerated at my school. As of this moment, no more Serpent jackets"

"What?"

The Serpents all begin to fight back pissed knowing none of us did this.

"No more Serpent jackets! All tattoos are gonna be covered. Possession of any gang paraphernalia whatsoever will lead to immediate suspension. Are we clear? That's all"

I glare, bitting my teeth together in anger at the smirk on Reggie's face.