23

Just as we were leaving the classroom, Mr Phillips was arresting for dealing Jingle Jangle in Southside High, he was the Sugar Man. Now, I lay in Sweet Peas body on the couch.

"Casey, promise me, you will never go through something like that, for me. Promise me-"

"I won't promise you that" I argue, sitting up and facing him, "Because I know you'd do the exact same for me. You the only person in this whole world that loves me like you do, that knows me like you do and understands me and has never, ever left me. I will do anything to protect you. No matter the cost"

He looks to me, guiltily. He feels guilt for what happened to me.

"What I did, was not your fault Sweets, I made my decision. It was hard, and awful of course, but to protect you, I'd do it again" I admit, "I-I love you you"

"I love you too. I'm so sorry for how I treated you, I yelled and just-"

"I'm sorry I did that to you. It was one of the worst things, ever" I gasp.

I grab hold of Sweet Peas hands, entwining my fingers with his and holding on tightly. I look from our hands, to his eyes.

"I love you Casey, and I don't ever want to lose you. Because my life, has been so much fucking better since the day I found you" he declares.

I smile, laying back down on his chest, hugging him tightly. Just wanting to feel comfortable and safe in his strong arms, which he wraps around me.

"I love you Sweet Pea, more than I ever knew existed" I admit, "You're my world"

I wake up, still on the couch, entangled with Sweet Pea. I lay, thinking how grateful I am we are together again. I sit up, rubbing my eyes but quickly stopping when I remember my purple eye.

"Shit" I wince quietly.

"You should get ice on that Case" Sweets notes, putting hi hand on my cheek and moving me to face him.

"Yeah after school, come on, we've got to get ready"

We pull up to Southside High on our bikes, Toni waiting for us. We get off and I walk over to her.

"Toni, thank you, for yesterday. I owe you one" I smile.

"I'm just glad you're safe. Alright I have to go meet Jughead about the school paper, see you guys later" she waves, rushing up inside.

Sweet Peas hands grabs mine and we follow her into the school. However shortly once we stepped in, the doors behind us slam open to reveal Mayor Macoy, Sherif Keller and a hell of a lot of cops. My eyes widen and Sweet Pea and I immediately start running. I am pulled back when Sweet Pea is caught, our hands separating. A cop then grabs me, I try to fight by they force me on to the ground, kicking at my legs. I look up and see officers smash Sweet Pea against a locker hard. I am lifted off the ground and then held beside Sweet Pea, as Officer Reed stand sun front of us.

"Well, isn't this a happy sight" he grins.

"The Serpents haven't done shit, why the hell are we being arrested?" I shout madly, watching as cops grab up my friends.

"Mr Phillips let Keller know that he deals with the Southside Serpents, he said he's got a name of four snakes that he deals with regularity. Once we've arrested you all up, giving you a change to confess. We'll go straight to Phillips"

I look to Sweet Pea worried. Four kids, I'm betting that's me, Sweets, Toni and Fangs. Phillips wanted me, I didn't listen. The way Sweet Pea is looking at me, I know he is thinking the same thing.

"Who gave you the black eye Casey? I'll send them a thank you letter" Reed grins.

"You know what, you're lucky I'm in these cuffs asshole cause I would have smashed your head in by now!" Sweet Pea yells furiously.