9

"Did you seriously just eat the last piece of pizza?" I glare, looking across the couch to Sweet Pea.

"Maybe" he chuckles.

"We each get four pieces. That's the rule. And it's a very kind rule considering I've already shared three of my cig's with you. As for the pizza, I've had three, which means your fat ass has had five!" I argue.

"What you gonna do about it?"

I leap over to his side of the couch, sitting above him. We fight with our hands, both of us laughing. He overpowers me and grabs my shoulders, then sitting above me as I fall laying back on the couch. I smile, looking up at him my breath fast after the sudden fight. Then I see his eyes looking at something and his smile fades. I follow his eyes and see my shirt has risen, showing my scar. I sigh, quickly moving away from Sweet Pea and standing up.

"I'm sorry Case, didn't meant to stare or anything"

"It's okay. I've got to go see Jughead anyways, say sorry for yesterday. I'll see you tonight" I nod, quickly rushing out of the van embarrassed.

Once I'm on my bike I set off for the Northside, I told Jug I'd meet him at Pops. He said his friends would be there, but sit at a different booth so we could just talk together. Knowing I'm pissed at the blonde for calling the cops on me. As I walk into the famous Riverdale diner, I see Jug st a booth, his friends sitting in a booth two rows in front. Before I go sit with Jughead, I stop at there booth, putting my hands down on the table and turning my head to the blonde.

"Just to be clear, I'd never hurt Jughead. So next time you wanna make assumptions, ducking check before calling the cops on me Northsider" I hiss, giving her my meanest glare.

Satisfied with her fearful face, I smirk, taking the cherry from her smoothie and going over to Jug. I smile, hugging him tight before sitting down.

"You look better" he notes.

"Yeah, got some sense kicked into me" I scoff.

"I'm so sorry about yesterday. They were wrong they just don't know who you are. Apart from you're a Serpent who just got out of Juvie"

"It's okay Jughead-"

"It's not, they're my best friends and girlfriend. The first friends I've had in a long time but you're my sister. I just wish they knew you like I did"

"Girlfriend? Hold up, don't tell me it's the cop caller"

"You told me never to lie" he smirks, sitting back in his seat.

I laugh, shaking my head but smiling at him proudly. Seeing the proudness on his own face when he thinks about his girlfriend.

"Well sorry, I sorta just yelled at your girlfriend then" I warn.

"It's fine" he laughs, "It's my fault, that they don't know about you. I haven't really ever talked about you with them"

"It's okay Jug, as long as you never leave me" I grin.

"Never" he smiles, "So you and Sweet Pea daring yet?"

I cough, nearly spitting out my milkshake.

"What? Dating? Why the hell would we ever date?"

"You're both still denying it I see. You two are so in love! It's clear to everyone but you guys" he laughs.

"That's not true. We're just friends, best friends"

"That live together" he adds.

"Because were friends! He's just looking out"

"Does he sleep on the couch for you? Letting you have the bed"

"No" I shake my head, "We both share the bed"

He laughs and I roll my eyes at his dramatics. We order our food and enjoy our afternoon together. I stand at my bike with Jughead, taking out a cigarette and putting it readily in my mouth.

"You know that'll kill you?"

"Here's hoping" I respond, with a joking wink, "Don't forget me while your living in the Northside Jones"

"Not a chance Casey" he smiles, waving goodbye.

I smile, then get on my bike and ride back to the Wyrm. I walk inside, puffing on my cigarette making my way to Fangs and Sweets who are at the pool table.

"How'd the booty call go Fogarty?" I ask, throwing my arm around his shoulders.

"Fucking great thank you" he responds, not ashamed of his Northside sex life.

"Good to hear buddy" I laugh.

"Drinks anyone?" Tony asks, walking over to us.

Fangs orders a beer, Sweets too then Toni looks to me.

"I'm good"

"What? No way! Viper not ordering a drink! I'd never thought I'd see the day!" Fangs shouts dramatically.

"Shut up Fogarty" Sweets shakes his head unamused.

"You lost" I point out smirking, as Sweets hits his winning ball.

He groans, going to the bar to get his beer. I lean against the pool table, Sweet Pea appearing in front of me.

"How was Jones?"

"Good" I nod.

"Are we good?" he checks worried.

I look up. He's close to me, no closer than usual but after what Jughead said, everything seems different. I can feel his breath on mine, so is that too close?

"Of course. I'm sorry about today, I don't know why I reacted like that...probably because I was hungry from only having three pieces-"

"Alright alright! That's enough about the damn pizza" he laughs.

I laugh with him, both of us turning around. I grab a pool stick and play a game with Sweets, Fangs providing side commentary.

When we get back to the van, Sweets has a shower and then watches cartoons. Once he's out, I get into the shower. I glide my fingers over my scar, closing my eyes trying to forget the horrible memory. When I get out, I wrap a towel around my body, then open the door into the bedroom. I gasp when I see Sweet Pea in bed, who turns to see me.

"Sorry, I thought you were watching TV" I state, quickly grabbing my pyjama top.

"Sorry, I came back in"

Sweets looks away, I'm assuming feeling as awkward as I am right now. I nod, then close the bathroom door, mentally punching myself over Sweet Pea seeing me in a short towel, with my body wet. Once I've change into my pyjamas, I get into the bed next to Sweet Pea.

"It's not weird that we sleep in the same bed right. We're just friends, that's it" I explain.

"Yeah, exactly. It's not weird" he responds, "Why?"

"Nothing, just something Jughead said today. Don't worry, night Sweets"

"Night Case" he yawns, turning over to his side.