26

Jughead called me early the next morning, he said he got a call from Penny. I snuck out of the trailer and met him at Pops, we both walk in and see the back of the blonde sitting at a booth. I lead Jughead over, then we glide into the opposite seat to the Snake Charmer.

"Casey, what a lovely surprise" she chuckles.

"You're a lying, two faced, fake Serpent, conniving bitch Penny" I hiss, "Now why the fuck did you call Jughead?"

"If I have to pay for you helping my dad" Jughead starts, but Penny cuts him off.

"He needs more help, that's why I called. FP got in a little "accident", with some Ghoulies in the prison showers the other day" she sighs.

"Oh, my God" he gasps scared.

"Listen. He's in the infirmary now"

"Is he okay?"

Jug does all the talking. I just glare at Penny.

"Well, they messed up that pretty face of his. The Ghoulies wanted blood payback for the deal you and that Northsider made with Sheriff Keller, got all their higher-ups locked away"

"That wasn't-" I begin to defend but Jughead cuts me off.

"What can we do, to get him out?" he asks.

"For that you would need money. You need money. Rich people? Rich people don't sit in jail.
Money greases the wheels of justice" she declares.

"I have $18 to my name" Jug sighs.

"Hmm. Well, then maybe we should think of this favor as a job.cRight? Just a one-time delivery. You just pick up a crate on the Southside, deliver it to an address in Greendale"

"Hell no Penny, he isn't doing any of your fucking delivery's" I fight.

"What's in the crate?" Jug questions, and then I'm giving him a glare.

"Let's say, um Pancake mix" she smirks.

"Penny, I'm not gonna be your drug-runner!"

"Of course not. You're gonna be my "transportation advisor". Do this, and I'll use your cut of the cash for your dad's case. I'll see what we can do about getting him an early release"

"Okay-" he starts to agree, I can't let him do this.

"I'll do it" I declare, "I'll do the run for Jughead. You know I'll do a better job then him anyway, and I've got the keys to FP's truck. I'll do it"

"Casey-"

"Jug he's like a father to me, and you're like a brother. It's fine" I assure, "Penny?"

"That's perfect" she grins evilly.

"Oh I'm sure it is" I scoff, then nudge Jughead and we leave Pops.

When we get outside, Jughead turns around to me and shakes his head.

"I could have done it Casey-"

"No Jughead! You don't need to get any more involved with her. I've done runs before, I can do it again no big deal. I know the tricks of the trade" I chuckle, "Just please, go check on the old man. Don't tell him what I'm doing though, he'll spew"

"Thank you, for doing this" he nods, then wraps his arms around me.

"I'd do anything for you Jug, and your dad" I state.

That night, I find myself in Greendale. I drag the crate in, despite it weighing a ton. Once it's inside, a woman in a wheelchair appears, some random guy behind her in a fancy suit. A gun on his hip.

"You're early" she grins.

"That a problem?" I scoff.

"Not at all, be early next time"

I shake my head.

"No next time. No, this was a one-time thing" I correct.

"That's not what Snake Charmer tells me. She says the Serpents are taking over for the Ghoulies. We're set for a regular delivery, with a regular delivery girl. Casey" she declares.

"You know my name?" I question shocked.

I then realised in that moment, I was in deeper than I have ever been with Penny Peabody. After than I quickly returned home, getting into the bed with Sweet Pea.

"Easy run?" he asks.

I told him about me helping Jughead, doing a favour for Penny. He wanted to come with me but I wouldn't let him.

"Yeah, just drop off and done. Everything's sorted now"

I lied. Not wanting him to worry and knowing I can handle this myself without dragging him in. I won't risk him getting hurt because of me. Just like Jughead.

The next morning, Jughead told me that FP wanted to speak with me so I head straight for the jail, skipping school. Which hasn't been unusual for me lately, or ever. I sit at a booth and FP sits in front of me. It's true, Penny lied he wasn't beaten.

"Jughead told me what you did Casey" he sighs frustrated.

"Penny wasn't going to let him off. I figured it was better I do it, when I actually know what I'm doing then Jughead getting into trouble and not being able to protect himself" I explain.

"I know, I wanted to say thank you" he admits, "It was stupid, but you saved Jughead from getting into trouble with her. So thank you"

"Like I told Jughead, I'll do anything for him"

"But it was stupid, because if you got caught. You would have been going straight to Juvie and wouldn't be getting out in a long time"

I look to him nodding, knowing very well that could have happened.

"But I didn't get caught. I was fine" I state.

"And I'm damn glad kid" he smiles.

"I'm glad you're okay, when Penny said you were jumped I got worried"

"Nah, Ghoulies ain't lay a finger on me" he assures, "What about you? I heard you were at the race, with Malachai"

"He got a big mouth, that's for sure. I was with Sweet Pea, but I was still, scared. Afterwards, I went to visit him in his cell, give him a piece of my mind"

"And?"

"I'm not scared anymore" I admit, a happy smile on my face.

"That's my girl" he grins supportively.

"I want you out FP, I miss you which I thought I'd never say lately. When you're out, promise you won't drink" I plead.

"I've been doing AA in here, and I'm going to keep doing it when I'm out. I'm not going back to drinking, I'm going to fix myself and everything" he declares confidently.

"Good" I smile.

After talking for a bit longer, I left the prison and made my way home. However I am surprised to see Sweet Peas bike outside, when he should be at school. I look up and the door is open, I make my way inside confused. My eyes widen when I see inside. It is a wreck. Someone has smashed all of our plates, everything is on the floor, the TV has been hit, glass everywhere.

"Sweets? Sweet Pea!" I scream scared, then run down to our room.

There I find him. On the ground, beaten to a pulp. I gasp, running to his side, putting my hands on his cheek turning him to me.

"Sweet Pea! Sweets wake up!" I plead.

"Casey" he groans quietly.

I call 911, then put all my focus back on Sweets.

"Who did this? Sweets who did this to you?" I shake, scared seeing him like this.

"D-Dad" he admits, then his eyes close as a tear drops down his cheek.