|71| only warning

Start from the beginning

"I'll be there." He kisses his teeth and releases me in dissatisfaction. Jaebum looks back at me once more and pinches my chin, lifting it to meet his dark gaze and speaking in whispers.

"I spent a lot of money on you. That's two hundred million dollars I've lost now. You better pray your worth that kind of money baby girl."

With a sadistic smirk on his face, Jaebum brushes my lip with his thumb and leaves the room.

Even when he's gone, my body remains pinned to the wall from shock. His touch felt like a burning flame from hell I couldn't escape. And those sinister eyes... Oh God.

Once the room is empty I scan my surroundings. The bedroom is huge, round and white with flowy, milky curtains. It's like something from the towers of heaven, ironic to the aura Jaebum gives off. The bed behind me is also large and round and rests on a foundation of two steps. All furniture in the room gravitates to the walls to leave more space in the center.

Other than the tall double doors on the right, there is a regular door across the room. I release a sigh and enter it to find a bathroom. After making sure nobody is in the room to spy, I lock myself in, strip down, turn on the faucet and step into the shower.

I need to not only ease my wrists from days of being chained, but wash away some of this stress. This is all so surreal... I got auctioned? How can a human buy another human? How is that normal? How did such a nice man like Mr. Bang have any business is this?

—TWENTY MINUTES LATER—

I step out of the steamy glass box and wrap myself in a towel that was within reach... But then I realize I don't have any other clothes.

I search the bathroom from head to toe but there aren't any robes around. Crap.

With an irritated sigh, I hold the towel to my chest and head back into the bedroom, hoping I can put back on my pyjamas for the time being. When I enter the bedroom my body goes still.

There's now a girl in the room making the bed beside a line of clothes laid out on the sheets.

The girl is tall and slim with long black straight hair and bangs, her makeup is very dark and smoky and as for the outfit, she wears all black with tall heeled boots. She reminds me of Winter, but slightly edgier.

When she spots me gawking at her she stands straight and links her hands in front of her.

"W-who are you? What are you doing in here?! Are you with that maniac?"

She looks down to sway her hair and scoffs amusingly, "You finally woke up. I am Seulgi, Jaebum's assistant."

"Assistant?"

"Assistant... Goon... Whichever. I was told to come up here and bring you these clothes. This is your room after all."

"M-my room?" I re-scan the large room. "Is this a sick joke? You people can't just go around kidnapping girls and habilitating them!"

"It's not kidnapping if he paid for you." She takes a seat on the bedside and tosses me a robe. "Here."

My cheeks sting rouge before I clutch the fuzzy material to my chest. "W-well turn around or something!"

Seulgi breathes out with one hand digging into the bed and the other now covering her eyes and she swings one of her crossed legs. "So... Let me guess. You got scouted to work at the bluebell restaurant."

"...How'd you know?"

"That old creep Mr. Bang gets paid a shit ton for abducting girls and bringing them to the underworld. All the branches do it. I'm surprised they haven't been closed down yet."