Chapter Two

Copy right © All Rights Reserved by Louisa Ann 2020

•CHAPTER TWO•

Peter wondered who was visiting unannounced. Honestly he was not in the mood to meet with anyone especially after that brunch. He still couldn't keep his mind off of Georgia whom striked an interest in him quickly, something that no woman has ever done.

He sighed and leaned against his chair while overlooking the city. Peter heard his door open which angered him. Quickly turning around to yell at whoever decided to bother him when he wanted to be alone but quickly froze in his spot when the girl he'd been thinking about just walked in.

He watched the girl cautiously as she looked everywhere but him. He watched her with amusement and dismissing his assistant. "Can I help you Miss Brown?" he asked. Georgia suddenly felt uncertain and thinking that this wasn't a good idea after all. However, she couldn't forget the brunch that just happened an hour ago.

"I'm here to find out about the whole situation that happened earlier," she stated as she stood awkwardly in the middle of his office. "What about it Georgia?" Peter asked as he walked towards the girl and stood in front of her. "Why are you wanting to know what's between your father and I?" He pursued interested in her reason.

Georgia took a step back and gulped but standing her ground. "It's my business when my father is angry. He doesn't need the stress and I don't want to see him unhappy," she retorted trying to hold her anger in.

Who the hell does this guy think he is?

She didn't want all of this games and just wanted answers. Counting to ten in her head, Georgia focused on the intimidating and handsome man in front of her. She awaited for his answer as he continued to look into her eyes. "I will tell you if you would join me for a drink tonight at the Plaza," he states.

Georgia had a feeling it wasn't really a choice but she had to if she wanted to know what was going on. She knew her father would never tell her since he didn't want to bother her with the troubles.

"Alright, I will join you tonight. Meet you at 7," Georgia nods and looked at him again then headed towards the door and left the building. Leaving Peter behind. Georgia breathed in relief as she stepped out into the open air.

"Oh boy," Georgia thinks to herself.

~•~

Georgia looks at the clock and notices that she had a couple of hours to get ready for her date, if you could even call it that. She hops into the shower and took a quick shower, leaving her hair dry.

She then moves onto her closet and decided on a fitted black backless dress and nude pumps. She left her hair down in waves and applied minimal make up but applying on a bright red lip stick.

Georgia looks at her reflection in the mirror and doubts started to creep in her mind. "What the hell am I even doing? Clearly my father doesn't want me to get involved in this," Georgia mutters to herself. She stopped in her track and got angry that her father still doesn't think she's mature enough to understand anything. She grabs her stuff and called for a taxi.

Georgia arrives at The Plaza and paid the cab driver. She enters the building and searches for the man that has turned her life around...not for the best either. "Miss Brown," Peter spoke eyeing the brunette in a killer dress. She would be the death of him.

Peter watches Georgia as she spun on her heels and nods at him. Her natural beauty took his breath away-no one could be that beautiful without even trying. "W-would you..." Peter cleared his throat and looked at the girl again. "Would you like a drink Miss Brown?" he asked. Georgia eyes him cautiously but replied, "Yes, I need a drink badly."