c o n f l i c t

"Taehyung!" Jeongguk saw that close cropped blonde hair retreating even further down the sidewalk. "Tae, hold up!"

"What got into you!? We paid for that food and you just left it like that?" Jeongguk ran up to him, panting in exertion of having run about ten meters (which is a rather long distance, quite frankly speaking).

The latter just sighed. "Jeongguk, I...I don't know anymore." He let out in one breath.

"Don't know what?" The brunette slightly nudged his arm, encouraging him to go on.

"Do you like me?" Taehyung deadpanned, both their gazes finally meeting each other's.

"Huh?"

"Do you like me? Come on, it's not that hard of a question."

"Yeah, of course I do, why else would we be in this relationship?"

A short bark of laughter escaped the blonde's lips. "Mind elaborating what this relationship is?" He asked.

"Where are you going with this?" Jeongguk frowned. "What's your point?"

"My point is; that this isn't that much of a relationship." His long fingers raked away swirls of blonde falling against his eyes. "For if it was, why would I be getting the slight notion that you don't like to be seen out in public with me?"

"I...." Jeongguk glanced down at his hands. "No, Tae, it's not like that at all, why would you think that-"

"Second notion, you're not always honest about what you say."

"Are you calling me a liar?"

"Hm, maybe."

"Do you happen to have a third notion hidden under that big brain of yours?" Slightly pissed off himself, Jeongguk retaliated, crossing his arms against his chest.

Oh, how he wished he hadn't asked that.

"Yeah, I do, in fact." Taehyung shook one hand out of his coat pocket and cupped the cusp of Jeongguk's face. The brunette's eyes grew wide in panic as the latter leaned over, bringing their lips closer and closer and closer...

"Stop." Glancing away, Jeongguk stepped back, ruining the moment, and even though he didn't quite know at that second; shattering the bond.

Their bond.

Taehyung stood frozen for a little while, just staring sadly at the younger in front of him. "I knew it." He muttered at last. "You're embarrassed of this. Of us."

The lack of a response only confirmed his fears.

"I understand." He sighed. "See you around, Jeon."

And just like that, he was gone, pulled away by the brittle zephyr cutting across the vacant street, striking harshly against Jeongguk's cheek, where a single tear glistened against the pale winter sun.

_______

a/n; okay ahhhhh theres the angst! or...conflict (for a lack of a better word) since i never planned this to be an angsty book anyway