q u e s t i o n

Jeongguk was late

Jeongguk was late.

Sleeping at Seokjin's house without any of his personal belongings (Jimin and Yoongi had been in the bedroom, and even the thought of going in there made him want to hurl), it had made him have to go back in the morning, grab his stuff, go to Seokjin's again, and then get changed. Hence, contributing to him half running to history class at the moment.

He brushed his hair out of his eyes as he passed a café, and thought he saw a familiar face, but he was too much in a hurry to be sure.

Oh well, he thought. At least I won't have to give that quiz now.

-

His professor made him give the quiz, and he was pissed. Grumbling, he exited the lecture hall, prepared to cross the campus for lit, when he found his path blocked by a certain someone.

"Hi." Taehyung weakly grinned.

Jeongguk glared at him. "What do you want?"

Annoyance flickered in between the blonde's irises, and it was with a twinge of irritation that he replied, “I wanted to ask you something, but since you're in such a hurry, I'll leave.”

He made to turn around, but curiosity got the best of the latter.

“Okay, okay, fine.” Jeongguk lightly brushed his fingers against Taehyung's shoulder to stop him. “I'm listening, but be quick.”

Thus it was with a jubilant grin that Taehyung asked him.

“Will you go to the dance with me?”

Jeongguk wrinkled his nose in disgust. “Ew, no.”

“Y—wait what?”

“I said no.” The brunette started walking again. “No, as in, no I won't go.”

Taehyung had to run to catch up to him.

“Why not, I mean, if you're not gay

“Oh, I am. I just don't wanna go with you.”

“That is rude, what did I do?”

Jeongguk stopped for a second to glare again. “You're just so....You.” he muttered, and continued on his way, leaving Taehyung alone.

Jeongguk felt someone tap his shoulder. He blinked his tiredness away and leaned back to hear them mutter, “For you.”

A small slip of paper fell in the palm of his hand.

go to the dance w/ me
and
ill buy you dinner
FOR A WEEK
-T

Jeongguk turned in his seat to glance at the eager Taehyung across the room.

No, he mouthed and flipped him off.

Another small slip of paper fell out of the sketch pad he carried around everywhere.

OH CMON ILL EVEN
BUY YOU A
TUX!!
>:(

He sighed.

“Taehyung, no. I will not go with you.” he said to no one in particular.

The bush behind the bench he was sitting on shuddered as a form climbed out of it.

“Please!” Taehyung groaned, picking small twigs out of his hair.

Jeongguk shot him a disapproving glare. “No.”

“But why not!?”

“Because I hate you and find you annoying, that's why.”

“Funny, that's kinda the same reasons I'm asking you.”

Jeongguk sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “Why don't you ask someone else?”

“Because...” Taehyung's cheeks dusted red. “...there's no one else that manages to get me ticked, as much as you.”

“Shut up, you're weird.”

“First say yes.”

“No.”

Taehyung hmmphed. “Alright fine then.” He crossed his arms. “I won't stop being a total asshole unless and until you agree to go to the dance with me.”

“Ha. Try all you want.”

“And that includes,” A cheeky smirk pervaded the blonde's lips. “The free time you spend in the art room~”

Jeongguk paled. “You wouldn't.”

“Oh, I would.”

Taehyung could see him contemplating the situation, and he knew that he had hit a delicate nerve. So he waited, until—

“Argh, okay!” Jeongguk threw his hands up in defeat. “Fine, I'll go to the dance with you.”

“Oh my gosh, ye—”

“But,” Jeongguk continued. “On two conditions.”

Taehyung mocked a bow. “Name it and it's yours, my king.”

He pretended not to notice as the tips of the brunette's ears turned pink at the pet name.

“One; you will literally serve me throughout the time leading up to the dance. As in, you will be my servant.”

Taehyung's stance wavered, but he managed to continue smiling. “And the second?”

“Two;” Now Jeongguk smirked. “You will not utter a single word throughout the dance. That way, you'll get to be seen with me, and I'll get to spend the evening in peace.”

Taehyung's mouth hung open. “B-but that's not fair!

“Alright then, good luck finding another date.” Jeongguk made to walk off, before a cry of wait stopped him.

Mentally trying to prepare himself for the embarrassment sure to follow, Taehyung gritted his teeth.

“I accept....m-master.” he cringed at the pet name as his fists clenched around air.

Jeongguk grinned. “We have a deal then.”

a/n; tae is deSPERATE