g l o o m

Over the course of the next two weeks, both Taehyung and Jeongguk avoided each other, mainly due to embarrassment, rather than anger

While shame had a large hand in Taehyung's part, Jeongguk was mainly staying clear of him because his pride had bended and nearly snapped at what had occurred. The fact that his sketch had been revealed red handed... 

They had only talked once, and that had been when Taehyung had returned his sketch pad, but that was pretty much it. Choosing to stay silent during class, or avoiding eye contact in the halls became a regular thing.

This also meant that Jeongguk lost his servant.

“Why are you so down?” Namjoon asked him one day, seeing as to how forlorn the younger seemed at their study session (the older boy sometimes helped Jeongguk with homework).

“Wha—no I was just...learning these dates in my head.” Jeongguk covered up quickly, pointing down at his book.

Namjoon peeked at it too. “Jeongguk, this is your art pad.”

“Is it, now?”

Namjoon smiled. “It's about Taehyung isn't it?”

Jeongguk spluttered. “How did you—”

“I'm smart and I have my resources.” Namjoon declared proudly, crossing his arms over his chest.

Jeongguk scrutinized him for a second. “Jimin told you.”

“Jimin told me.”

“I swear, that tiny dicked blabbermouth is gonna meet the end of my fist in his face—”

Namjoon cleared his throat, and looked at him meaningfully, as if to say, well I was right.

Jeongguk sighed. He seemed to be doing a lot of that these days. “So, this thing happened and now I don't know, I can't bring myself to talk to him—”

“So you miss him?”

“Yeah—I mean, no! No, I don't. I just miss having someone to order around.”

“You expect me to believe that?”

Jeongguk looked disgruntled, so Namjoon, being the kind soul he was, decided to spread his much needed advice. He grasped the younger's hands with both of his and rubbed them together comfortingly.

“Look,” he smiled. “I know you're confused right now, but just you wait. Things will work out by themselves and soon you'll be as happy as Yoongi.”

“I'm never happy.” Yoongi called from the corner of the room.

Shut up Yoongi, and just try talking to him. If it doesn't work, then he'll talk to you.” Namjoon's dimples stood out prominently as he smiled super wide. “Because, believe it or not, you guys are friends now.”

Jeongguk felt his tummy churn at the thought. Friends? We're not friends.

“Thank you Namjoon.” he smiled nevertheless, and detached his hands from the latter's grip, more out of politeness than actual understanding.

And then he continued to stare gloomily off into the distance.

“Taehyung, you're staring gloomily off into the distance again.”

Taehyung snapped out of his daze, and turned towards his best friend. “I can't help it, Seokie.” He pouted. “I miss him.”

Hoseok came up behind him and wound his arms around the blonde's body, resting his chin on Taehyung's shoulder.

“Kim Taehyung, look at yourself right now.” he commented. “You're a mess, an emotional mess and you need to clear your head.”

“How?”

“I don't know. Take a walk maybe? Reminisce under the stars.”

“Do I have to?”

“Yes. Now, shoo.”

Taehyung huffed. “Fine.”

As soon as he was out the door, Hoseok slid his thumb across his phone screen and dialled the number.
“Yeah, he's gone. Is Gguk coming?”

“He just left too. Let's hope for the best.”

“Yeah. Thanks Yoongs.”

“Anytime.”

a/n; these updates are coming out of nowhere. what is UP brain

is the book funny, dyou think?