t e n s i o n

"Who, in the ever blazing history of raging delinquents, had the moronic epiphany of creating finals?" Jeongguk groaned, slumping over the coffee table, face in his book, contemplating death.

"Hm, I'm not sure." Seokjin replied, already typing in who created exams in the google search bar.

"I mean, why. Why would you want children to suffer this terrible, terrible fate?"

"Jeongguk, shut up, you're nineteen for goodness sake." Seokjin tutted disapprovingly, before letting out a soft exclamation. "The answer to your question being; Henry Fischer was the man who came up with the idea of examinations."

"Great. Where was he buried?"

"Pennsylvania, USA. Why?"

"I would very much like to write suck my dick on his gravestone-"

"Jeongguk, nO."

"Who's sucking who's dick?" Jimin asked, exiting the kitchen with four bowls of ramen set delicately on a tray.

"Guk wants to have sex with a dead man."

"Why, that's a shame because Taehyung is very much alive-"

"Oh fuck off, as if you don't ride Yoongi hyung every single night."

"I do not!"

"...and you expect us to believe that?"

"Maybe."

"I. Want. To. Die." Jeongguk let out with every bang of his head into the table.

"Mood." Jimin muttered, passing each of them a bowl.

"This might be from pre-final stress hallucinations, but why are there four bowls on that tray?" Jeongguk asked, clutching his head.

"Oh, yeah. I invited Taehyung to come study with us." Seokjin replied airily, casually.

"Oh."

Silence. Then;

"Jeongguk, you might be getting that dick sucked after all."

"Jimin, shut up unless you want me to boil your teeth."

And that was how, an innocent study session amongst three bros turned into a rather heated conquest of wills amongst three bros and Taehyung, who was practically part of the friend group at this point.

I say 'friend group' for everyone except that is; Jeongguk who (having not been able to cram anything prior) was now alternating between slurping noodles and shooting furtive glances at the blonde. Just his presence made Jeongguk want to run away screaming, for reasons unbeknownst to himself.

Seokjin, quietly judging the two (Taehyung was doing no better), sighed and closed his own book abruptly.

"I can't help but notice," he began, eyeing one boy to another. "That there is a certain tension in the air."

"What? Where?" Jimin waved his arms as if swatting an invisible hoard of flies.

"It's an expression, Jimin. And you two," Seokjin pointed at the younger ones. "You need to reconcile your differences, because I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what is wrong."

Jeongguk gulped dryly, and forcefully wound an arm around Taehyung's shoulders.

"Us? Having problems?" He scoffed. "Psh, what has gotten into you, hyung?"

"Yeah, we're absolutely fine." Taehyung grinned, presenting a very unsatisfactory smile to the suspecting english lit major.

"Oh, alright." Seokjin shrugged nonchalantly and went back to his revision.

Now very much intertwined and physically touching each other, Jeongguk swivelled his face towards Taehyung, who was mirroring his actions.

He awkwardly cleared his throat and removed his arm, hand resting on the ground between them.

After about a minute though, he felt Taehyung reaching out to hold it, and eagerly moved his fingers across the carpet to intertwine just the tips.

Unknowingly to the other two.

It did help him concentrate more on work, which was a pleasant surprise.

Seokjin grinned evilly, his plan having succeeded with flying colours.

___________

a/n; this was so not a filler haha [sweats nervously]