s o r r y

Jeongguk kicked aside leaves as he walked down the street, back to his dorm

Jeongguk kicked aside leaves as he walked down the street, back to his dorm. Evening had fallen, but it was still an hour till sunset. The neighborhood was vacated, students and locals aside residing inside, warming up against the cold.

He hadn't been able to concentrate on work at all, his mind too preoccupied with the prospect of what Namjoon said.

The main issue arising was, why should he be the one to apologize? Why should he be the one to go running to the other, when he had done absolutely nothing wrong?

Why do you feel so guilty then?

I don't know. I don't know. Jeongguk felt like screaming. Why was he this obsessed with the blonde, like some sort of creep? Was he a sick stalker or something, thinking so much regarding the other—

Jeongguk came to a halt, foot awkwardly raised to take a step. He felt sick again as he saw the object of his concerns standing in front of him.

There Taehyung was, in a long brown coat, contrasting well with his blonde hair ruffling in the cold breeze. He seemed to be frozen as well, eyes wide.

Jeongguk's first instinct was to just keep walking as if nothing had occurred. So he followed that. The latter seemed to get the message and continued on his way too, head bent down against the oncoming breeze. It was only when they passed each other, did Jeongguk acquire some sense into his brain.

“Taehyung.” he said, spinning around to face him.

The boy in question turned a one eighty degrees too, something like happiness in his brown irises.

“Y-yeah?” he asked.

Jeongguk opened his mouth to deliver a heartfelt speech, but could only mutter, “I'm sorry.”

“What...for?”

“I just...” Jeongguk felt all his courage drain out of him. “I-I...”

“Actually, I'm sorry too.” Taehyung said, the highlights of his cheeks blushing red.

“What are you sorry for?”

“For shoving you? For embarrassing you like that, I'm really sorry.”

“You wouldn't have done that if I hadn't ignored you in the first place.” Jeongguk retaliated. “I'm sorry for being so cold towards you, even though you were so nice.”

“Don't be, it's okay.”

“It's really not.” Jeongguk puffed his cheeks out in defiance.

At the sight, Taehyung couldn't help but giggle.

“What's so funny?” Jeongguk frowned.

“Nothing.” Before he could stop himself, Taehyung reached out and pinched the brunette's left cheek, which was red from the cold. “You're so cute.”

“Thanks, I suppose.” Jeongguk hoped Taehyung would misinterpret his redness from the cold, rather than the fluster.

“See you around then?” Taehyung grinned, hopefully.

“Sure, see you Tae.”

At Jeongguk's now retreating back, Taehyung smiled, secretly loving the nickname.

a/n; double update!!1!

i like this book so much, you have no idea