An Unexpected Stop at the Tea Shop

A young fae works out of her home tree in the family tavern/tea shop. It's housed in a fairy-centered forest/town of the greater world, but other creatures/people exist, too. 

In this case, this girl and her family are known for having super high-quality stuff at their place, and once the larger, generally more politically higher folk found out about it, some officers have a routine of coming around and basically forcing them to give up the last and technically freshest servings of their menu at closing time, especially the brews, with the threat of arresting them all - all fae in the area - or something else corrupt like that. 

Local fairies know or learned to leave the shop before the real closing time so the family/staff can prepare for the visit/delivery, but a random tall soul - a nomadic freelancer of sorts - found his way to the shop, attracted to the scents and looking genuinely malnourished. Unbeknownst to the head of the household/her parents, this girl gives away what had been prepared for the officers in their basement/cellar, i.e. the only area to fit such large portions and keep them safe, to him, instead. 

The head, having omniscience, learns quickly of the gifting, both chastising her junior and fearing for their lives. The nomad, finishing his plate hearing their troubles as he was about to thank the girl, decides to take a stand for them, doing what he must to try to get the overhanging threat off their backs when they arrive within minutes.