Aura

Landon and Arielle had had enough vacation and sick days in their queues to last for months, not that they were going to use that much. But, they were going to use some, celebrating whatever anniversary of their first meeting and first date (same day, different years) via a road trip. The couple was on their way back to their rented home for the weekend from an early dinner when Arielle, seemingly out of nowhere, pushed Landon to take a detour. Their main route was already saved as a checkpoint in both of their phones, so getting lost wasn't the issue. However, that didn't mean he knew where he was going.    

Driving for country miles, Landon just drove with the hope that Arielle wasn't just leading themselves to their death, eventually coming to a stop at a field. Arielle could barely contain herself as soon as the car halted, fumbling with the colossal door and its tinier panel for tinier folk. Landon came to her aid, ready to carry her to wherever she wanted to go until he was initiated into a goose chase, running, no, walking after the sprinting sweetheart almost fully encapsulated by the dark grass in the little light of dusk. 

Passing a sign introducing the area as Figaro Fields, Landon eventually reached her again after some time, finding her rapidly switching her gaze from left to right, definitely looking for something. He whisked her off the ground, questioning her antics but still finding himself confused, pressed to speechlessness when she began pushing against his cupped fingers to clear her view. As soon as he complied, she was set still, standing and staring to some void.

What looked like a simple farmland to Landon was a place of nightmares for Arielle, at least enough to send some chills down her spine in proper proximity. The crop circles matched those detailed in her various studies of hidden histories; someone or something was keeping the petite persons' past alive, even if the larger lives seemingly had no clue. It was all in the name but forgotten in the mainstream. 

At their size, the high-pitched voices it caused, and their distance from everything when it happened, it was practically impossible to decipher a collective scream from a song.