Presenting

Whether it was simply a good look for diversity's sake, a pity vote, or a truly earned achievement based on talent, history was made at the Academia Cinematica 97th Annual Awards (ACAs) in Santa Bella. The Academy, judging all cinematic works of television, film, and basically any other long-form projects with moving pictures, has had its judgments over the century. Now, with the announcement of their best film actress of the year, they were making their biggest splash since first allowing her people to join it as on- and off-screen talent.

Willow, sometimes Wilhelmina, both rumored to be stage names, pun intended, now rose higher than ever, having an influx of emotions as her name was called and a larger, more experienced, past co-star lifted her to accept her win. Becoming an artist as a smaller, small person was hard enough as is, but then finding her delivery outshined others', including some she looked up to in more ways than one, put extra targets on her back.

With all eyes on her now in one of the most watched events of the year and still unsure of the reason why, she did her best to key into her apparently top-tier ability in keeping face. For all that eyed her, they could see the struggle in real-time rather than a blooper reel after the fact. However, despite all that cared, only the demographics closest to her own could pin her personal reason why.