Chapter Thirty-three

It was the middle of the night and Maria was cuddled in Caleb's arms when the phone rang.

She answered the call, but before she even had a chance to speak, the person on the other side of the line beat her to it. "He did it, Maria. He actually did it."

"Becky?" Maria asked groggily, rubbing her eyes before glancing over at the clock that read 1am.

"Of course, silly."

"Why are you calling me so late?"

"Nathan proposed. Can you believe it?" her friend squealed.

She was wide awake now and was scrambling out of bed as to not wake Caleb. Rushing down the hallway into the living room, Maria flopped on the couch. "You can't be serious?"

"Yes, tonight. After they rescued you, he came back home and handed me a big box. You wouldn't believe what was inside."

"A jewelry box?" Maria asked.

"A cake."

That sounded like a relatively normal thing you'd find in a big box. "Okay?"

"It said Marry me."

"Let me guess, you said no?" Maria teased.

"Right, after all these years I said no," her roomie said, her voice revealing an eye roll. "I just can't believe it finally happened."

She couldn't believe it either. They were both engaged at the same time. How often did that happen? "Did he give you a rock?"

"Yep. Apparently he had one hidden away in his room, an heirloom of sorts passed down from his Grandmother. We so gotta have a double wedding."

A noise in the hallway made Maria look up, temporarily distracted from the phone. Caleb was walking towards her; a thick and hard erection prominently displayed in the apex of his thighs. She licked her lips, completely unaware that Becky was still talking.

He was the finest of the fine. And he was all hers. That was something she still couldn't wrap her head around. She knew the women that he had been with before. She was nothing like them. And it mystified her and excited her. He swept her off her feet in the most unexpected way.

Caleb stopped right in front of her, his dick dangerously close to her mouth, and he reached for her phone. "I'm not sure who's on the line, but Maria has to go."

"Don't you dare hang up on me, Mister! Give me back to Maria," Becky demanded.

He handed her back the phone, letting his hand roam over his manhood.

"I'm...uh...gonna go, Becky. See you tomorrow," Maria said, hanging up the phone. Becky and she had the rest of their lives to plan a wedding. She wasn't about to waste a good woody being dangled in front of her like a carrot. She was being paged in the most glorious way.

When she went to reach for him, he stepped backwards, taking a seat on the recliner across from the couch. Maria pulled her lips to one side, uncertain of his retreat. His face told her he wanted something from her.

"I can't touch you if you're way over there," she said, tilting her head.

"That's because I don't want you to."

"Then what do you want?"

"I want to watch."

"Watch?"

He chuckled as he shook his head. "Still so innocent in so many ways. I want you to touch yourself, tweetie."

"Like in the elevator?" she asked shyly.