Chapter Twenty-One

Maria gaped at him. “Seriously?”

“Yes,” he said, pulling out the chair in the corner. The stubborn look on his face told her he was serious, and she wasn’t sure how she was going to wrangle her way out of this mess. Thanks Becky.

“No way,” she said, wrapping her arms around herself.

“You signed my contract, right?”

“Yes,” she muttered.

Sitting in the chair, he crossed his legs, resting his ankle just above his knee, and folding arms. “Who is the dominant?” he asked.

“You.”

“Who is the submissive?”

“Me,” she murmured. He was really going to make her do this by pulling out his I’m the boss card. And he was. That was what she agreed to, although she didn’t think he’d make her do this. She’s never ever danced before, not even at a club. It didn’t matter how much Becky begged her to dance, she just didn’t want to bump into anyone and hurt them.

“And what does the submissive do?”

“Submits to her Dom.”

“Yes,” he replied nodding his head. “It would really please me if you did a striptease for me.”

Maria blushed. She really did want to please him, liked seeing him smile with those pearly whites of his, and she liked how he made her feel desirable. “I want to make you happy, but I don’t know how to dance.”

“Close your eyes,” he said.

“Why?”

“Are you going to question everything?”

“Sorry.” Maria closed her eyes, but felt silly standing there doing nothing.

“Listen to the music. Draw the beat deep into your soul," he said, his voice calm and soothing, almost musical in its own right. “Let it expand until it fills your body, begging you to move.”

“I feel silly,” she said, rubbing her hands up and down her arms.

She felt him move more than she heard him, feeling his warm breath on the back of her neck, as his fingers slowly ran down her arm, coming to rest on her waist. “There is no one here but you and me. Focus on the music.”

“I can’t focus when you’re touching me.”

Sylvester chuckled, giving her waist a gentle squeeze before releasing her. His soft footsteps retreating told her that he was returning to the chair. Now that her eyes had been closed for a few minutes, other senses were kicking in. His alluring woodsy scent wrapped itself around her nose and her ears were picking up the slightest increase in his breathing as he watched her, waiting for her to move.

She could do this. She had to do this. For him. Her heart thumped in her ear, matching the beat of the drums playing on the radio. She stood there. Quiet. Listening. Drawing everything she could from the song and slowly, but surely, her hips started swaying.

“Yes, just like that,” he said, his voice deep and warm, making her belly glow with sensuality, filling her with a confidence that had not existed before.

Raising her arms above her head, she moved in time with the music, turning in a small circle for his pleasure. After a few minutes, she found the courage to open her eyes and when she turned to face him, his eyes were wide and the ghost of a hungry smile was playing on his lips.

Maria reached for the buttons on her shirt—one that she found upon searching the house earlier— and slowly undid them as she continued to sway to the music. She’s seen a few stripteases on television, so she knew to turn around after the last button was undone, and slip her shirt slowly down her shoulders, inch by agonizing inch. She looked over her shoulder, throwing him her best smouldering look. He licked his lips as he stared at her, his eyes darkening with lust.