Defective (Angst)

TRIGGER WARNING: Attempted suicide and bullying.

Red Blood Cell walked her way to the lungs, delivering oxygen. As always, she gets lost. She felt herself walking in the wrong direction. She looked around her, trying to figure out which way to go.

She noticed some other Red Blood Cells pass by her.

"Hey look, it's that dumb Red Blood Cell again." One says. Ae3803 was used to it. Lots of other cells would make fun of her for always getting lost. They would always call her insults, and names.

"Why is she even a Red Blood Cell? She can't even do ANYTHING right!" Another one says. Ae3803 pretended not to hear them. She forced a fake smile on her face.

She yelped as she accidentally hits her face against a pole. She fell to the ground and heard laughter around her. All of her own kind were laughing at her.

"Woah, what an idiot." Someone says. Red Blood Cell slowly got up, nobody even offered to help her. She could feel tears filling her eyes.

"Aw, are you going to cry for your White Blood Cell?"

"Her only friend is a freak, no wonder nobody likes her."

Those words hurt her. White Blood Cell was not a freak. He is kind and caring to her. In fact, he was one of the only cells that actually would listen to her dumb stories without getting bored. She wondered how he could listen to someone like her.

"He should of killed her. She is a defective Red Blood Cell anyways." Those words were the words that made her snap. She felt like a knife was stabbed into her chest.

Defective, she thought. Was she born wrong? Red Blood Cells aren't suppose to get lost. They are suppose to know where they are going at all times. But Ae3803 always manages to get lost.

She looked down, feeling like she was going burst out crying at any minute. She felt the hot tears streaming down her cheek.

"Aw, she's going to cry." A Red Blood Cell mocked. Ae3803 had enough of this. She ran off, away from the crowd of Red Blood Cells.

She sniffed and began to cry while she ran out of sight from them. When she felt like she was far away from them, she sat down on a bench and covered her face with her hands and sobbed.

Everything they said about her was true. She was an idiot. She really couldn't do anything right. She'd always relies on White Blood Cell. She was defective. She was wrong. She kept hearing the voices repeating that in her head. The mocking voices of Red Blood Cells.

She sniffed as she wiped her eyes. She just wish she was never born. Lots of Red Blood Cells would of been happy if she wasn't here. White Blood Cell wouldn't have to waste his time with her.  Everyone would be happy if she's gone.

Ae3803 sighed as she makes up her mind.

She decided to just end it.

***

U-1146 was busy patrolling the body as usual, that was until he noticed a sudden commotion nearby. He noticed his friend, Ae3803 wondering around the area. Many Red Blood Cells were talking about her. They were saying mean things about her.

He jumped as he saw her bumping into the pole. The laughter of the crowd got louder. 1146 growled. How could they laugh at her and not help her up?

He heard insults thrown at her.

"He should of killed her. She is a defective Red Blood Cell anyways." White Blood Cell boiled in anger. How dare they say such a thing about her. He would never kill her, in his life. She meant a whole lot to him and wouldn't let anyone hurt her. She was also not defective. He thought she was just a little clumsy.

He noticed Ae3803 running away from the crowd with tears in her eyes. 1146 got a bad feeling in his chest. He felt like something bad was going to happen to her if he doesn't go after her.

He followed his gut feeling and decided to run after her. She was going in a odd direction. She headed towards the bridge that leaded to the heart. She stopped as she walked towards the rail.

He was confused on what she was doing. She looked down at the long drop below. It could kill a cell if they jumped from there.

His heart began to pound fast.

"Please, don't do what I think your going to do.." He thought to himself. He froze as he saw Red Blood Cell climbing behind the rail and standing in front of the edge.

He saw tears streaming down her face. She gave a weak smile and began to jump. 1146's eyes widen as he runs up to her.

"RED BLOOD CELL!" He screamed. He ran fast as he could and quickly grabbed her hand to prevent her from falling. She looked up at him in confusion.

"W-White Blood Cell..?" She weakly asked.

"Don't worry, I got you." He tells her. He carefully lifted her up from the edge of the bridge and got her up to safety. He slowly leaded her to a bench nearby and sat down.

She stared down as tears fell from her face.

"Red Blood Cell..." He says. His heart ached when he saw her feel this way.

"Why did you stop me!?" She shouted with tears in her eyes. It hurts him seeing her this way, she was usually so happy and carefree. He looked straight into her eyes.

"You're really going to throw your life away all because of stupid comments Red Blood Cell's made?!" He asked her, his eyes begin to water.

"But, I'm defective. I always cause trouble, I always get lost! I'm useless!" She cried.

"It's not like anyone would care if I'm gone."

"I care!" He shouted. Her eyes widen as she looks at him.

"What would I do without you? Ever since I met you, you would brighten up my day! You would always make me smile. I never felt anything like it before." He tells her.

"My whole world would turn grey and I would feel empty if you were gone." He says, nearly in tears. Her eyes widen as she took in his words.

"But, why would you wanna waste your time with someone like me?" She quietly asked.

"Because I LOVE YOU!" He shouted. Red Blood Cell's eyes widen as she felt her face turn warm all of a sudden.

Hot tears begin to run down her face. She began to sob loudly. White Blood Cell comforted her and embraced her in his arms. She laid her head into his chest and cried.

"I wouldn't know what to do with myself if you died. I wouldn't live with myself anymore." He says while carefully rubbing her back. She sniffed as she looked up at him. Tears still streamed from her eyes.

He gave her a warm smile as he wiped the tears away from her eyes.

"White Blood Cell.." She softly says.

"Promise me that you'll never try doing that again." He says.

"I promise." She replied. He smiled as he gently kissed her forehead. He brushed her soft red hair to calm her down.

"Don't ever leave me." She tells him.

"I will never leave you."

AN:  Was feeling kind of down recently.